Can you guys rate my skills from 1-10 from the photos of my Instagram account....

You have some really nice shots there. This next part is purely subjective and based on my own opinions.

• Your shot composition ranges from great to "eh". The picture of the bridge with the red stalls in the foreground is brilliant. Normally I hate people in photos, but in this case it works to convey the commotion going on in the shot. The picture of the Taj Mahal by itself is nice, although I wish you'd grounded the shot a bit more to cut down on empty space above the palace. With landscape or architectural shots, I usually try to have stuff in the bottom 2/3rds of the frame, and empty space in the top 1/3rd. Your picture is a little closer to 50/50. IMO, the picture of the Taj Mahal behind a tree just doesn't work. If you have been ten feet to your left without that tree in the frame, that would have been a really nice shot as well.
  • Your colors come out flat. Take a look at your first picture of the shrine. With something that bright with that much contrast, you can really make the reds, greens and yellows pop by taking multiple identical pictures and running them through an HDR filter. If you don't have access to Photoshop, GIMP is a free alternative, and there are lots of add-ons out there for it that can be used to create an HDR effect. The same could be said for the picture of graffiti. That image overall is dull, and so is the graffiti. You can pretty easily burn shadows and dodge highlights on and around that graffiti to make it almost 3-dimensional.

On the whole, I get the feeling that you're limited to some degree by your equipment. The biggest thing I'd say to work on is your shot composition. If you can get your hands on GIMP, practice with it. Play with it, explore it. It's not Photoshop, but it can do some really amazing things that will help your images really pop out instead of being flat and drab.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

sorry, we do not allow posting of social media channels as a form of advertising.

Profiles have various sections for listing your Twitter account, Facebook name, a URL (be it your YouTube channel or other site), etc. This is the only section where listing this information is allowed. You are not allowed to advertise this in any post as in the actual links. You can have "reference my profile for more information" for example. All Advertising rules still apply.