Openvpn fails to connect to my TP-Link Archer A7.

So here’s the problem, on tp link settings I can use openvpn by generating a certificate as you may know. I’ve done the process exactly how they tell my in their how to by generating a certificate before clicking on the “use vpn” selection. I’ve generated multiple certificates with different service ports = 1194, 1198, 8089. Continuously fails every time. I’m out of ideas and I already tried to talk with tp link support and you can already guess how far that got me. I’m using the latest openvpn but on a windows 7 pc if that could be the problem let me know. Is there any other method I can use? Also I’m using Private Internet Access as my vpn provider. Any other way to have PIA on the router I would love to know. Thank you. 

The only video that explain what I’m trying to do but his doesn’t fail!

The how to

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1239/

16 minutes ago, mtz_federico said:

This how to is for setting up your router as a server not as a client.

I am not sure if you could setup that router as an openvpn client with the included os you might have to install openwrt

Ok yes I thought about that as well but I haven’t flashed anything before. That makes complete sense now. Any guides or videos that explain the best in your opinion? Also I just looked at the supported device list and the archer a7 AC1750 has only snapshot. 

1 hour ago, ShayNasty said:

Ok yes I thought about that as well but I haven’t flashed anything before. That makes complete sense now. Any guides or videos that explain the best in your opinion? Also I just looked at the supported device list and the archer a7 AC1750 has only snapshot. 

Here is the openwrt website about the a7 ac1750 https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer-c7-1750

I have never flashed openwrt and haven’t seen a video but you could look for one