GIGABYTE A320M-S2H+Ryzen 3 2200G

So I'm confident the board supports the 2200G if I order it right now but I've heard it had some problems with the Raven Ridge Ryzen APUs. Build is for my dad (he doesn't know to or really need overclocking) so I really want to fully confirm the board and 2200G are compatible out of the box without any weird BIOS flashing or updating stuff. Can anyone fully confirm? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

So I'm confident the board supports the 2200G if I order it right now but I've heard it had some problems with the Raven Ridge Ryzen APUs. Build is for my dad (he doesn't know to or really need overclocking) so I really want to fully confirm the board and 2200G are compatible out of the box without any weird BIOS flashing or updating stuff. Can anyone fully confirm? Thanks.

It SHOULD work fine but if i were you, i'd get either a b350 or b450 board just to be sure of nothing happening later down the road.

2 minutes ago, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

Should really buy a board that has VRM heatsinks for the long run

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

You should get a B450 board anyway regardless of overclocking

The B450m Pro4 is a really good deal right about now

Don´t buy A320 board. You save very little money and you´ll miss on features as well as build quality and support, sometimes even warranty. About 10 USD difference in my region.