Netflix HDR turn off and turn on... constantly

JohnnyShalos

Hello, i have a problem with HDR in Netflix only when is full-screen, the HDR in monitor turn off and then turn on and so on... constantly without stop, it's stops only if i pause the video or exit from full-screen. How i solve this ? i did't found anything similar problem in the internet to help me... This happens only in windows 10 app and edge browser, it does not happened in Firefox because doesn't supported 4k HDR streaming yet...

I have tried to reinstall the monitor drivers, Netflix app, HEVC Video Extensions and reset monitor's settings but nothing changes... Possible is affect by monitor because is already suffer from back-light bleeding and i should return it as soon as possible but the strange is that i didn´t notice a problem with the HDR in youtube or in video games... Please can anyone help me ?

specs:

Monitor model: LG 27UK650-W

GPU: AORUS GeForce RTX 2060 XTREME

Nvidia driver version: 430.64

CPU: I5-9600K

Windows 10 Pro version: 1809

• 2 years later...

Hi have you solved this issue? I am experiencing the exactly the same issue now. 

check internet speed? if speed drops or hickups enough that will cause hdr to start flipping

On 5/26/2019 at 5:05 AM, JohnnyShalos said:

Hello, i have a problem with HDR in Netflix only when is full-screen, the HDR in monitor turn off and then turn on and so on... constantly without stop, it's stops only if i pause the video or exit from full-screen. How i solve this ? i did't found anything similar problem in the internet to help me... This happens only in windows 10 app and edge browser, it does not happened in Firefox because doesn't supported 4k HDR streaming yet...

I have tried to reinstall the monitor drivers, Netflix app, HEVC Video Extensions and reset monitor's settings but nothing changes... Possible is affect by monitor because is already suffer from back-light bleeding and i should return it as soon as possible but the strange is that i didn´t notice a problem with the HDR in youtube or in video games... Please can anyone help me ?

specs:

Monitor model: LG 27UK650-W

GPU: AORUS GeForce RTX 2060 XTREME

Nvidia driver version: 430.64

CPU: I5-9600K

Windows 10 Pro version: 1809

Did you connect your monitor via HDMI and not DisplayPort?