Screen displayed to big/wide

TheBlue217
Go to solution Solved by eemunni,

Have you watched this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yza-fRX6Dc

Hello, 

I'm using 2 displays, 
- 1st: Iiyama ProLite E2473HS

- 2th: A old tv with hdmi input, brand = Salora. , says it is full HD 1080p (it works so i use it)

This old tv is the problem (how whould have thought).

The problem is that the screen is displaying all but the limits of what should be actually be on the display. If you get confused by what i mean, it's ok, I find it had to explain in words. I'll include a picture with the problem. 

Context by the picture

You can see that the taskbar is cut off, as well as the tabs of google chrome. (the sides are also cut off, but thats harder to see)

In the past i got around this by using the AMD gpu settings and use the "scale to HDMI (or HDMI scaling)" and setting that to 5%. This made it so it almost fitted perfectly in the display. 

BUTTTTT.... That was when I used the RX480 (gpu). Now i have upgraded to the GTX1660Ti, and i cant seem to find a solution.

plz help :/

- side note, I'm planning on upgrading my main display. (which whould you recommend, 1440p60Hz or 1080p144Hz? yes i play fps). But as i'm not planning to do this for the next couple of months, i'd like a fix the the current one

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-21 at 17.39.50.jpeg

No, i cant scale it form the tv settings, for some reason i cant get to a part of the menu where i think those settings are located. it just skips over them and cant select it

Change the picture mode on the TV from it's current setting to another that may be labeled as "Native".

Try to refrain from double posting.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P