Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PAC

WHICH 2070 IS THE BEST?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys, I'm looking forward to swap my 1070 for a brand new rtx2070 to play new games coming in the next years, but there are so many manufacturers and I don't know which is the best option. could you give me any advice?

Also will be my 650w gold psu able to run a 2070? Right now my gpu has a 150w TDP.

Link to post
Share on other sites

EVGA, Gigabyte/Aorus, MSI and ASUS (assuming I didn't forget any) are the most popular ones that are good. EVGA is known for extremely good customer support. Otherwise you can pick any card from them, that:

- fits in your case in terms of size

- has the necessary ports and plugs you want/need

- has the lights/RGB/design you desire

- has the additional features you like (additional temp sensors, separate fan control, OC features/probes etc)

 

Generally bigger cooler = better temps. Better temps allow somewhat better cooling, but may not always apply (in case the silicon lottery is not on your side).


Skynet: MacBook Pro Late 2016 Space Gray | i7-6820HQ 2.7 GHz | 16 GB LPDDR3 | Radeon Pro 455 2048 MB | 512 GB NVMe SSD | 15" 2880x1800

HAL9000: Intel i5-9600k | Cryorig M9 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Gigabyte Z390I AORUS PRO WIFI | Zotac GTX 1080Ti Mini | 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1 TB Crucial MX500 | Corsair TX650M | Cougar QBX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Xeon E5-2675 v3 | Cooler Master Hyper 212X | 64 GB Kingston/Samsung DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PA-D8 | Corsair HX1000 | 256 GB Samsung 850 Evo + 3x 3 TB WD Red + 2 TB Seagate | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.7.0

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PAC said:

Hi guys, I'm looking forward to swap my 1070 for a brand new rtx2070 to play new games coming in the next years, but there are so many manufacturers and I don't know which is the best option. could you give me any advice?

Also will be my 650w gold psu able to run a 2070? Right now my gpu has a 150w TDP.

I can recommend the armor edition from MSI.

 

Runs really cool, gets up to about 2040/2055mhz and I find, it looks good!


Likes are appreciated when helped. Please don’t forget to quote others and me!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDRM550x (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, PAC said:

Hi guys, I'm looking forward to swap my 1070 for a brand new rtx2070 to play new games coming in the next years, but there are so many manufacturers and I don't know which is the best option. could you give me any advice?

Also will be my 650w gold psu able to run a 2070? Right now my gpu has a 150w TDP.

 

22 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I can recommend the armor edition from MSI.

 

Runs really cool, gets up to about 2040/2055mhz and I find, it looks good!

or if you are looking to spend a little extra than the Armor or do not like the silver on the armor, I can recommend the Gaming Z, in a tempered glass case the gaming Z looks amazing and i will reply with the clock speeds, just running an afterburner OC test now

Link to post
Share on other sites

@WickedStarfish

 

not it sure if it’s worth the extra €80 tho..

and its white, not silver on the armour. It also looks slick in a TG case


Likes are appreciated when helped. Please don’t forget to quote others and me!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDRM550x (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@WickedStarfish

 

not it sure if it’s worth the extra €80 tho..

and its white, not silver on the armour. It also looks slick in a TG case

Yeah, some people might find the white appealing but as the majority of my parts were black except the lighting I decided that the white (looked silver on the product page) was not the way to go, plus I got a free SSD with it. Also the armor has a higher clock compared to the gaming z right? As that was one of the drawback if I remember correctly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

Yeah, some people might find the white appealing but as the majority of my parts were black except the lighting I decided that the white (looked silver on the product page) was not the way to go, plus I got a free SSD with it. Also the armor has a higher clock compared to the gaming z right? As that was one of the drawback if I remember correctly 

Couldn’t tell you, but if I’m paying €620 for a gaming Z either I spend another 80 or so and get a Radeon VII or save up a bit more and get the cheapest 2080 (at those price points)


Likes are appreciated when helped. Please don’t forget to quote others and me!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDRM550x (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Couldn’t tell you, but if I’m paying €620 for a gaming Z either I spend another 80 or so and get a Radeon VII or save up a bit more and get the cheapest 2080 (at those price points)

thats where being australian sucks, as i would have went that way but here is the Gaming Z 2070 against the cheapest 2080 (Pc case gear for reference)

image.png.830fc63457694f7b4f77930f38f34f22.png

image.png.f47365138c1360dd2f80cfa886d29e7f.png

So on the way of clock speeds

the MSI Gaming 2070 (before Gaming Z) has boost of 1620MHz

Armor OC has a boost of 1740 

and the Gaming Z has a boost of 1830 

I must have been thinking of the Gaming rather than the Gaming Z

 

And the cheapest Radeon VII

image.png.0c91993b087b96663816029693dfba95.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

thats where being australian sucks, as i would have went that way but here is the Gaming Z 2070 against the cheapest 2080 (Pc case gear for reference)

image.png.830fc63457694f7b4f77930f38f34f22.png

image.png.f47365138c1360dd2f80cfa886d29e7f.png

So on the way of clock speeds

the MSI Gaming 2070 (before Gaming Z) has boost of 1620MHz

Armor OC has a boost of 1740 

and the Gaming Z has a boost of 1830 

I must have been thinking of the Gaming rather than the Gaming Z

 

And the cheapest Radeon VII

image.png.0c91993b087b96663816029693dfba95.png

The 2070 gaming z cost €620 in NL. 900 aud to eur are about €550.. so actually cheaper 


Likes are appreciated when helped. Please don’t forget to quote others and me!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDRM550x (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How is no one bashing the 2070 in this thread? That card is horrible price to performance. 


CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x 4ghz @1.345v

Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk

GPU: Asus Strix Rtx 2060

Ram: 16gb ddr4 hyper x fury 2666 @ 3000mhz

Case: Fractal design focus G

PSU: EVGA 600bq

Storage:Samsung 860 evo 500gb, 2tb wd Black

Display: Aoc G2590fx 144hz 1080p

Mouse: Logitech G502 proteus spectrum

Keyboard: Razer ornata chroma 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gohardgrandpa I agree with you, however, when looking at shear costing, the 2070 is cheaper for peoples budgets.  The cards are expensive, and I see it even more these days that if you can save 50-100 bucks people go with that.  The price to performance aspect comes second.  Nvidia knows this very well which is why they did it.


i7-7820x, Gigabyte Aorus x299 Ultra Gaming, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000, Samsung Evo 850 500gb x2, 250gb Samsung Pro 950 NVME, 500GB Samsung Evo 970 NVME  EVGA GTX, 1080TI FTW 3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Coolermaster H500P Mesh, (2) WD Black 1TB, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Corsair Void

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just skip this generation and keep your 1070 and wait it out for the next gen.  The price of the 2070 is kinda lame, and also, if the 3070 is that much atleast you'll see more performance for your dollar if they are overpriced like the 2070 was/is.


I7 9700k-MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC- Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 2X8GB - EVGA GTX 1080TI SC 2 - WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 500GB - HDD WD Black 1TB - EVGA Supernova 650 P2, 80+ Platinum -Nzxt H500-Display Asus MG248 - Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux - Mouse Corsair Sabre - Sound HYPER X CLOUD II

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×