Streaming using GPU but not gaming on it

Hi. Ive recently picked up and interest in streaming but my pc isnt all that good. I have 2 things, a CPU/APU and a low end GPU. My apu's graphics is better than the gpu so i use it for gaming but i want to use the graphics card to handle the stream load while i have the output from my APU. is there any way i can do this using OBS? please help thank you!

The GPU will change nothing for your stream. Encoding uses the CPU except you have a nvidia card which supports NVEnc which would load off some portion of the load on the CPU.

Short Answer: No, your GPU doesnt handle the load. The CPU does. So it wouldnt change anything

If you choose the codec nvenc, you can go to advanced settings and choose your gpu, you just need to make sure you pick the right one, because it ranges from 0-9

27 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

The GPU will change nothing for your stream. Encoding uses the CPU except you have a nvidia card which supports NVEnc which would load off some portion of the load on the CPU.

Short Answer: No, your GPU doesnt handle the load. The CPU does. So it wouldnt change anything

unless i choose the gpu as the main output it doesnt get detected to choose the nvenc option

Post your specs. We can provide very little help if we don't know what you have and what needs to be improved.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Post your specs. We can provide very little help if we don't know what you have and what needs to be improved.

image.png.95b1e63030136f731461ca0e12b5b9e3.png

2 hours ago, CrAzY156 said:

image.png.95b1e63030136f731461ca0e12b5b9e3.png

Not exactly what I meant. I can get your CPU from that, but whats your GPU? PSU? RAM (like is it really 10gb?)? And for streaming purposes, internet upload speed too.

Though looking at CPU, I would say get newer platform. Ryzen APU or R3 if you have very low budget, R5 if you can afford more. And if you GPU is weaker than APUs iGPU, then streaming is super-no-no. Dual cores aren't good for streaming at all. You need 4 cores for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/8/2019 at 12:04 PM, CrAzY156 said:

@LoGiCalDrm Recommend a mid budget build for streaming

Post with your actual budget and location (USA, Canada etc.) to New builds subforum. You get more and better answers than from me.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, CrAzY156 said:

@LoGiCalDrm My budget is 5000TTD and i would only be able to buy parts locally

Do you have some links to stores so I can look at pricing and availability?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv