Good Upgrade?

Zeokon

Specs

Stock

Ram 6GB 1600mhz (Samsung)

1TB HDD 5,400 (Samsung)

Upgrade

Ram 2x4GB(8GB) 1600mhz (Corsair Vengeance) = $50 More Expensive than 1 8GB DIM (Faster Timing)

750GB SSHD (Seagate Hybrid) = $90

External Cooling Pad (NZXT Cryo V60) = $39

(Total = $179)

Anymore upgrades I can do on my laptop please reply below.

I wouldn't bother with the additional RAM. The harddrive however should give a firm increase in performance. However I would go for an all SSD storage solution unless you really need the additional GB's a harddrive gives.

What laptop is it anyway?

Well basically SSD is too expensive for my liking, Seagate offers something that allows me to erase my hard drive in about 1 second.

It's a Samsung NP550P5C S02

Seagate offers something that allows me to erase my hard drive in about 1 second.

Why would you want that? Anyway, the Seagate Momentus is a pretty good drive if an SSD is too expensive. I'd take it.

Really, the only time Seagate's Momentus XT slowed down drastically compared to an SSD was when we installed the operating system and applications. Once everything was fully loaded, however, performance rapidly improved as the drive's software algorithms pulled the most frequently-access data into flash, bestowing very SSD-like qualities to it. At that point, it was frankly hard to tell the difference during most common tasks.

Of course, the Momentus XT's greatest advantage is its large capacity and low cost per bit compared to the SSDs it so actively strives to behave like, which makes it a very tempting proposition for those who're able to tolerate occasional periods where the drive's performance necessarily dips back to what you'd see from a hard drive.

Quote taken from http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/momentus-xt-750gb-review,3223-8.html

The Momentus XT is a great choice. But as Salmiakbal said, I wouldn't bother with the RAM upgrade unless you desperately need it.

You were a noob once too!

Unless you really need the extra space, go for an SSD and call it a day. I'd scrap the Ram and cooling pad options personally

The extra ram is for multitasking purposes and the cooling pad isn't so much for cooling but allowing me to put it on hard objects. But is the ram going to be faster than the stock samsung ram?