what to pair with 2070 for 3440x1440

6 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

then just switch to intel dont waste money on ryzen 2 its not worth it then

it will be 250-300$ more to do that for minimal performance gain

2 minutes ago, thunderwolf7478 said:

Yes but if you wait and switch you will have to buy a ryzen cpu, which will be at least $80. So either spend $80 now and $300 later or just spend the $300 now.

Or don't change to intel at all. Why do you want to so badly? A ryzen 3000 + motherboard will be cheaper for similar performance.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68

Just now, AndrewB121 said:

Yes but if you wait and switch you will have to buy a ryzen cpu, which will be at least $80. So either spend $80 now and $300 later or just spend the $300 now.

Or don't change to intel at all. Why do you want to so badly? A ryzen 3000 + motherboard will be cheaper for similar performance.

Thats an option too, im not really set on switching over its just that right now the blue side has faster high end chips, but, ryzen 3 Im thinking will be very impressive

6 minutes ago, thunderwolf7478 said:

thats the issue with ryzen 2 its basically old base level x99 performance from intel without 4 channel ram support. for $250 for the board and a 6 core i7 that is still better than ryzen  and be able to run up to 22 cores on unlocked xeon if you want and go against current threadripper on the same board. idk i see 2*** ryzen as pointless now with zen 2 coming out in 3 months.

3 minutes ago, jonrosalia said:

thats the issue with ryzen 2 its basically old base level x99 performance from intel without 4 channel ram support. for $250 for the board and a 6 core i7 that is still better than ryzen  and be able to run up to 22 cores on unlocked xeon if you want and go against current threadripper on the same board. idk i see 2*** ryzen as pointless now with zen 2 coming out in 3 months.

could also go for a 12 core threadripper for about 550 with the board and cpu

2 minutes ago, thunderwolf7478 said:

could also go for a 12 core threadripper for about 550 with the board and cpu

so same price as intel now for that also if you know how to shop for it its actually cheaper to go unlocked xeon and x99 and same perormance as threadripper on the used market its why AMD made this stuff so cheap they had to to kill the argument that used intel is better and cheaper.

1 minute ago, jonrosalia said:

so same price as intel now for that also if you know how to shop for it its actually cheaper to go unlocked xeon and x99 and same perormance as threadripper on the used market its why AMD made this stuff so cheap they had to to kill the argument that used intel is better and cheaper.

Im talking brand new threadripper board for 300 and a brand new chip for 300 on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/PRIME-Threadripper-Motherboard-Lighting-Printing/dp/B074HC93RX/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?crid=249EOU0LGAW10&keywords=threadripper+motherboard&qid=1555861349&s=gateway&sprefix=threadripper+motherb%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Threadripper-24-thread-Processor-YD192XA8AEWOF/dp/B074CBJHCT/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=threadripper+1920x&qid=1555861397&s=gateway&sr=8-2

thats cool but its not worth it to me that its new if its not better or cheaper than the used options.its that cheap because they had to or it wouldn't be worth it is my opinion. but i refurbish parts myself as a hobby so im bias against new parts that will be worth half their value in 6 months.