Artifacts on brand new 2080ti Strix

Jaxrud

Yeah, I'm struggling to believe how bad luck I'm having here, I mean 3 cards, in a row. RTX launch doesn't seem to go smooth

Yet the im loving the tech behind it. I just want a card that doesn't die.

I'm getting paranoid if it's really the cards or there's something in my computer causing it. 

But I've swapped out everything and I don't think old hard-drives can do this.

Can my monitor have an error breaking gpus? I've never heard about that before jut 3 gpus makes one think, then again I didn't really have gpu issues with the 1080 I had before the upgrade.

So frustrating, I've sent a case directly to Asus this time. The other RMA cases were handled by the online store I bought it from. 

I just wish they could give me a card they were confident won't fail. 

This is how it looks now. These lines also jump all over the place when there's movement on the screen. 

IMG_20190417_021907.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jaxrud said:

Yeah, I'm struggling to believe how bad luck I'm having here, I mean 3 cards, in a row. RTX launch doesn't seem to go smooth

Yet the im loving the tech behind it. I just want a card that doesn't die.

I'm getting paranoid if it's really the cards or there's something in my computer causing it. 

But I've swapped out everything and I don't think old hard-drives can do this.

Can my monitor have an error breaking gpus? I've never heard about that before jut 3 gpus makes one think, then again I didn't really have gpu issues with the 1080 I had before the upgrade.

no it's not your computer it's the GDDR6 memory modules on the card that keep going bad.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

13 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

no it's not your computer it's the GDDR6 memory modules on the card that keep going bad.

Okay, well thanks, it's reassuring to hear the very least. Both of you

The worst part about it all is that I have to be without a gpu again for a week or more while waiting for a replacement. Only to install it and wait for it to die basically. I'm starting to lose hope the 4th won't fail. I said the same about the 3rd and my friends said that I can't be that unlucky. Well, I was ?

All 3 have failed differently at least.

First one melted, went black and smelled burnt.

Second one gradually got more artifacts.

And now the third BSOD and looks like it has a bad connection in the cable and doesn't show in printscreens and loses all stats in gpu-z 

11 hours ago, ReggieGRS said:

Are you only able to RMA? No refunds? Otherwise i'd get one and buy of a different brand, MSI, Galax, EVGA etc if you were to do that and it died early too, well, then you'd be eligible to issue a formal request for your P.H.D in bad luck

I can probably get a refund instead of a new strix.

And get the msi trio-x or something instead. Or just ask them to send me the trio-x instead of the strix. 

I tried taking out the card and put it in my girlfriends computer now instead, surprised to find that it didn't have those green lines there, but it bluescreened after a short while with the error: video_scheduler_internal_error

And the card made a buzzing sound when using the GPU 

Now her pc only has a 500w psu though so not 100% sure the BSOD was from too little power or the card itself. 

But most likely the GPU I take it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a new brand now, it hasn't been sent yet but the guy on the phone said he could send me a different card back and I got approval on the Trio X instead.

But I have one question, is it, in any way, possible that the monitor causes issues to the GPU? It's the only thing I haven't switched out yet, and I remember the very first time I plugged it in I got a blue-screen. But it played nice after a format that time, and I assumed it was the USB hub integrated in it as I also plugged in that at the time.
And I've never plugged in that again after that time.

To me it seems highly unlikely that the monitor is the issue.
My monitor is an ultrawide Asus PG348q
I notice some small random crackles from its speakers some times.. Pretty frequent
I just can't help but be paranoid now that the 4th card I get also will fail eventually after some time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an RTX 2070, bought about a month ago, it also developed same artifacts last weekend. I am sending it back for RMA.

I think this is a wide spread issue with RTX series card.

• 5 months later...

I have exact the same issue with My strix 2080 ti. Green lines right after powering up the PC (BIOS is fine, wired). Happened to me after a year use. RMAed and will get my replacement back tomorrow. I am wondering why BIOS is fine.