Need help with AMP/DAC (FiiO E10K)

Tamaz

So I just got my e10k and hooked it up to my Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 ohms. I noticed that bass was lacking, and the sound quality was rather sub par and not a big upgrade from on board audio, other than that there's slightly less sharp treble. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I also noticed that if I connect line out from my e10k to my headphone jack in my PC, sound quality and bass is improved significantly, but volume is dramatically decreased and music sounds muffled. This is my first amp/dac and I'm new to how this works. I'd appreciate if someone could help.

20 minutes ago, Tamaz said:

I also noticed that if I connect line out from my e10k to my headphone jack in my PC

If you do that without plugging the USB, it would act as an AMP.

There should be a bass and gain switch..try it out.

My Q1 which is no different than e10k has that problem..i always turn the bass gain but not the signal gain because it will blast my ear of.. ( i accidentally did that a lot because the charging switch is in the exact same position as the gain switch only its facing each other)

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I just tried using it without the usb plugged in and it looks like there is no power.

40 minutes ago, Tamaz said:

I just tried using it without the usb plugged in and it looks like there is no power.

Oh yes i forgot..that can only be done in my Q1 or other portable dac with battery in it

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

6 hours ago, Tamaz said:

So I just got my e10k and hooked it up to my Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 ohms. I noticed that bass was lacking, and the sound quality was rather sub par and not a big upgrade from on board audio, other than that there's slightly less sharp treble. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I also noticed that if I connect line out from my e10k to my headphone jack in my PC, sound quality and bass is improved significantly, but volume is dramatically decreased and music sounds muffled. This is my first amp/dac and I'm new to how this works. I'd appreciate if someone could help.

Yeah I feel you on had the same problems with my e10k on my dt990. While the DAC is fine the amp on it isn't really that good unfortunately. And it could only just power my headphones to almost loud on high gain. The only thing I did to fix it was to hook it up to a better amp and your basically left with a dac. If you ordered that on Amazon I would say return it and grab something more powerful.ornjust better. The fiio k3 is better not more powerful but it sounds better then the e10k especially the bass boost. The fx audio DAC x6 sounds better on the principle that it can properly power your headphones.