Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiItsNotJimmyItsSomebodyEl

Overclocking

Posted · Original PosterOP

In my opinion, Nvidia Inspector is the best overclocking tool. The reasoning for this is because Nvidia Inspector lets you change the voltage with any card. My graphics card is the GT 730. This overclocking utility lets me overclock with ease, and gives me a lot of information about the resources and the information about the driver and the card. It is like CPU-z or GPU-z but it is more functional, as it lets you overclock. So my overclock on the gt 730 is 250 MHZ on the core and 300 MHZ on the memory. The voltage is at max, otherwise, it would be very unstable and would crash. Nvidia Inspector is just more functional than MSI Afterburner, Precision X, and Palit Thundermaster as it lets you overclock the main parts, and it lets you tweak the voltage. Did I also mention that the fans also are faster? No, I didn't I don't even know why I even asked such a rhetorical question. In conclusion, I believe that the best overclocking utility is the Nvidia Inspector.

ok

PSU Tier List

PCs and other things:

Spoiler

Current PC

CPU: AMD A8-6600k (@4.2Ghz)

GPU: GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX

Motherboard: GA-F2A78M-HD2 

RAM: 8gb Patriot DDR3-1600mhz

Storage: Samsung 830 EVO 120gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM 

PSU: SeaSonicM12II 620w (I wish I didn't buy this)

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB 

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP

Spoiler

New PC (getting parts)

CPU: i7-8086k [✓]

Cooling: EVGA CLC 280 RGB [✓]

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX [✓]

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO [✓]

RAM: XPG SPEXTRIX X41 2666mhz (Grey) [✓]

Storage: T-Force Delta 250gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM [✓]

PSU: 650w+ and ranked well

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB [✓]

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP [✓]

Extra: Sky blue front panel, sky blue cable extensions [✓]

Spoiler

Other

Phone: Huawei Mate 10 Lite (China steal my data???)

Dog: Irish Water Spaniel, Lucy, 9 years old (I didn't know what to write)

School Laptop: Acer Chromebook R11 ((less RAM than my phone)

It can’t override bios limitations. So other stuff like fans wouldn’t change. 

Havent seen it offer an overlay but I didn’t really look. Only used it for the power saving mode. Which is quite nice. But no being able to see system info without another monitor puts it lower than almost any program to me.  

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080 SC, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080 SC, Corsair CX850M, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144hz

You are comparing an overclocking tool with GPU-Z and CPU-Z, which are not overclocking tools. Also MSI afterburner is a 3rd Party Tool and you have a really old GPU that was never known for its "overclocking" capabilities. Thus MSI Afterburner doesn't support all the overclocking options on your GPU, also all the options you stated that make it the "best" overclocking tool are quite common on any overclocking tool. AMD Control Panel (Wattman) allows all of these options if not more, but i guess that doesn't help you since you have an nVidia card, as much as saying nVidia inspector is the best overclocking tool while it does nothing for AMD cards. So neither are "best" cause being best is subjective, what is best for you may be completely useless for someone else. Much like in this situation your nVidia inspector is the best for You while it is completely useless for me, and Wattman is best for me while its completely useless for you as you cant use it on your GPU.