question about m.2. drives

Hey, 

since last year i started experiencing a lot of download errors while dling games through steam. 
I hoped the situation would be resolved with my new build figuring the old ssd was … old but the problem remains. You could even say that it grew in proportion. When i try downloading large games around 50 gig the download is bound to fail a couple of times

Does someone know what lies at the ground of this problem? or encountered the same ? 

Currently i'm using a sata m2 drive for windows .. mx500 and a pcie P1 drive both crucial and both 500 gb's  

17 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

When i try downloading large games around 50 gig the download is bound to fail a couple of times

Sound like your wireless or wired NIC is at fault here...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sound like your wireless or wired NIC is at fault here...

it is wireless but the most trouble starts right at the end of the download.. 99% boom disc write error

2 hours ago, TopHatTom said:

Do a SMART check on all your drives. But i would very much doubt that that is the issue. https://www.howtogeek.com/134735/how-to-see-if-your-hard-drive-is-dying/

Otherwise, I'd say it's the internet connections dropping a lot of packets. Try running it on an ethernet connection to see if it will download properly on that. 

That would be a bit weird since both drives are just a couple of months old but i'll do the check anyway.. it can be really annoying but no more then that :)

5 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

it is wireless but the most trouble starts right at the end of the download.. 99% boom disc write error

That would be a bit weird since both drives are just a couple of months old but i'll do the check anyway.. it can be really annoying but no more then that :)

is this in steam by any chance?

7 hours ago, TopHatTom said:

is this in steam by any chance?

yes sorry, it is actually only with steam now you mention this…. gog and ea work fine