Headphones that let sound through

AntsaK2

I am looking wireless gaming headset or headphones (can add mod mic) that let outside noise through and let me also connect them with bluetooth to mobile devices. I would assume that for low latency gaming headphones with some kind of dongle is preferred. I currently have Hyper X Cloud 2 headset that easily allow me to listen my wife and game at same time but these are wired.

Price and quality are secondary if it just fit my specs :)

I mean, any cheap bluetooth headset is going to let outside noise in. Check to see what Corsair, Sennhesier, or Klipsch might have (I'm not 100% up to date on headphones theses days).

I guess I'm a little confused though. You said you want to hear your wife while gaming? I'm going to assume that's a typo and explain how you can NOT hear her while gaming. Clean the dishes, sweep the floors, make the bed, but make sure to leave a little mess so she doesn't get suspicious. Leave your phone near her so if she calls she'll know why you didn't answer. Then you're going to want to get expensive traveling headphones, you know, the kind that look like earmuffs and turn them babies up. Detatch your gaming room from the house and lock that bitch up tight. Jam the door with a chair just to be safe. Dig yourself a moat and fill it with gators and DONT build a bridge. Then remember you forgot to clean up the table after dinner and she gonna come scream at you anyways. Sorry bro, no way around it.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

I actually like hearing my girlfriend, she has great stories. Unfortunately every gaming headset seems to be closed back by desing and without listening it is impossible determine how well does closed back headphones bleed in (wich in my case is desired feature). So I would really much appreciate 1st hand experience.

Thanks BigDamn for trying to cheer me up though!

Hey man you can make almost any headohine bluetooth using a Bluetooth adapter using something like a fiio ubtr. I use it for my iems. And grab a pair of HD 58x which are great for gaming music and are also open back. It uses aptx and Bluetooth 4.1 which is pretty decent latency wise. 

Thanks Ricu Guru but I really wan't to get rid of all the wires.

7 hours ago, AntsaK2 said:

I actually like hearing my girlfriend, she has great stories. Unfortunately every gaming headset seems to be closed back by desing and without listening it is impossible determine how well does closed back headphones bleed in (wich in my case is desired feature). So I would really much appreciate 1st hand experience.

Damn! She sounds like a keeper.

Found these from Sennhesier, they're wireless and open back (hard combo to find) but you'll need the ModMic or something for voice. You can also check these out if you want better sound quality.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

Most over-ear headphones will cut a fair amount of noise. On ear headphones (while less comfortable to me at least) will let in a bit more ambient sound. Ideally, you'd have open back headphones. I have AKG K7XX which let me hear things around me shockingly clearly despite being big over-ear headphones. I haven't really tried any wireless headphones recently, but looking for an open back design may be the way to go.

Thank You all for your answers.

I am currently thinking of SteelSeries Artis Pro Wireless which acording to Rtings.com are great for gaming and suck for noise cancellation. So they could be great for me and my intimate relationship.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/steelseries/arctis-pro-wireless

However do you guys know can I use those headphones with bluetooth on my laptop without the included dock? That would be pretty cumbersome on the go.

13 hours ago, AntsaK2 said:

Thank You all for your answers.

I am currently thinking of SteelSeries Artis Pro Wireless which acording to Rtings.com are great for gaming and suck for noise cancellation. So they could be great for me and my intimate relationship.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/steelseries/arctis-pro-wireless

However do you guys know can I use those headphones with bluetooth on my laptop without the included dock? That would be pretty cumbersome on the go.

You will not be as happy with the sound quality, your much better off going with something from a more Audio focused brand such as the Sennheiser's suggested above by @BigDamn.   There are a few exceptions when it comes to gaming brands but ultimately your going to get more for your money with a reputable audio brand.   

Edit: I have tried the RS series at bestbuy one time and they are very comfortable, good features and sound quality.  The 185's are very expensive but you can see more of the line up on the site here: https://en-ca.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphones

9 hours ago, Tz000 said:

You will not be as happy with the sound quality, your much better off going with something from a more Audio focused brand such as the Sennheiser's suggested above by @BigDamn.   There are a few exceptions when it comes to gaming brands but ultimately your going to get more for your money with a reputable audio brand.   

Edit: I have tried the RS series at bestbuy one time and they are very comfortable, good features and sound quality.  The 185's are very expensive but you can see more of the line up on the site here: https://en-ca.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphones

You are totally right and I actually have RS220 my self, but there is a huge annoyance that I have get up on couch or bed to start RS's dock to get headphones on. And also there is no bluetooth so I am pretty sure that Steelseries will be ok for me.

As I mentioned on OP I am currently gaming with Hyper X Cloud 2 which let me hear my surroundings pretty well. However on the Rtings review with Steelseries they mention that these let noise through even more than Hyper X's. So I hope that one man's trash can be other ones treasure.

7 hours ago, AntsaK2 said:

You are totally right and I actually have RS220 my self, but there is a huge annoyance that I have get up on couch or bed to start RS's dock to get headphones on. And also there is no bluetooth so I am pretty sure that Steelseries will be ok for me.

As I mentioned on OP I am currently gaming with Hyper X Cloud 2 which let me hear my surroundings pretty well. However on the Rtings review with Steelseries they mention that these let noise through even more than Hyper X's. So I hope that one man's trash can be other ones treasure.

Here's to hoping I mean lot of people love he m50x but it's definitely my trash can

On 3/18/2019 at 8:53 AM, AntsaK2 said:

So they could be great for me and my intimate relationship.

This is refreshing to hear.

I built a detached shed in the garden to game in, I leave for it quickly after dinner. 

I then return when my gorgeous wife and wonderful daughter are fast asleep.

But thats what 15 plus years of being married does to a man!

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

On 3/17/2019 at 9:01 PM, AntsaK2 said:

You must be lucky to have a good story-teller girlfriend.

6 hours ago, pearson said:

You must be lucky to have a good story-teller girlfriend.

Dude, I am the luckiest guy in the world :)

But still it little bothers me how the market sometimes follows trends so blindly. Many people really like open back headphones overall but not a single one headset for gaming is open back design.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:34 AM, AntsaK2 said:

Dude, I am the luckiest guy in the world :)

But still it little bothers me how the market sometimes follows trends so blindly. Many people really like open back headphones overall but not a single one headset for gaming is open back design.

Corsair and Sennheiser make open back headsets