I Need help. I am beyond confused!

Anonomousity

Hello everyone,

I would like to start out by saying I have built quite a few machines, but this one has really been giving me a hard time. I have built AMD builds for friends before, but I decided I would do one for myself finally just for fun. However, I have had nothing but troubles with this new build. So I will list my original PC specs here, and some changes I have tried to see if I can get it to work along with the issue I have been having. Also I would like to note for each different build attempt I have used two different monitors with 2 different HDMI cables, and 2 different Display port cables each time and continue to get the same issue.  I also feel I should note I was planning to use 1700x just as a place holder until I can get my hands on Ryzen 3.  I also feel it is important to note that I used 1 stick of RAM from each set of RAM I tried to use, and tried it in all slots on each board in case I was going crazy.

Original Build

Mobo - Asus ROG Strix B350-f Gaming

CPU - Ryzen 7 1700x

Cpu cooler - Corsair H100i Pro 120mm liquid cooling

RAM - Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000 MHZ 16 GB

GPU - GTX 1080ti

PSU - EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 80 plus certified platinum fully modular.

SSD - M.2 Nvme Samsung 970

Case - Corsair Carbide 275R

Installed everything and computer posted, and booted fine. I went into the bios and saw that the RAM would default to 2133mhz and when I tried to clock it up (and not overclock it) just simply clock it to it's speed. It wouldn't let me. So I flashed the Bios hoping that would allow me to do that. Once flashing the Bios was done it booted back up on its own. However, when it came back up I had no video. Computer would power on completely with all components running but screen just read as no signal and would go to sleep. So immediately I assumed I ruined the motherboard, and I didn't save a back up of the BIOS before flashing it (I know rookie mistake). Just in case I ran through some basic tests. I put my 1080ti in my intel build which worked fine. I tried with 1 stick of RAM, no change.  So I thought to myself.... alright, screw it, and I switched some things up.

Updated Build 1

Mobo - Asus ROG Strix X470-f Gaming (New)

CPU - Ryzen 7 1700x

RAM - Gskill Trident Z RGB 3466 MHZ 16 GB (New)

GPU - GTX 1080ti

PSU - EVGA Supernova 1000W G2 80 plus certified platinum fully modular.

SSD - M.2 Nvme Samsung 970

So as you can see I swapped out the Motherboard and the RAM and I went to boot it up. No change. Still no video. So I thought to myself what could this be? I thought maybe there was an off chance that flashing the BIOS somehow broke my cpu (though I had no idea how). So I sent it in to AMD to RMA it and they sent me a new one back. I installed it and I continue to have the same issue. So at this point I try basically all brand new.

Update Build 2

Mobo - Asus ROG Strix X470-f Gaming (New)

CPU - Ryzen 7 1700x (New RMA From AMD)

RAM - Gskill Trident Z RGB 3466 MHZ 16 GB (New) Also tried Trident Z series 32GB Z170 intel though I assumed it wouldn't work since Ryzen is picky and that was made for intel.

GPU - GTX 2080 ti (Brand new out of Box)

PSU - EVGA Supernova 750 W Semi Modular 80 plus certified Gold (pulled from another build)

SSD - M.2 Nvme Samsung 960 (Pulled from another build)

At this point I have swapped nearly everything and I am still having this exact same issue! Everything boots computer turns on, but no video! I tested ALL (compatible) parts in my intel build and can confirm they still work so the PSU (Both), RAM (Both), SSD (Both), GPU (Both) Only things I didn't try would obviously be Mobo, CPU, and then also my case and my cooler. I feel I should note that just in case my two test bench monitors were not working I would use my main gaming ones.

Test monitor - Asus VS278Q-P 27"

Test monitor 2 - Asus VS248H-P 24"

Gaming Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Curved 100hz

Gaming monitor 2 - Asus ROF Swift PG258Q 24.5" 240hz

After this the only 2 things that have not been changed are my CPU cooler, and my Case. I just really fail to see how that could be the issue? Any guidance would be appreciated. I also did tweet Linus telling him he could name my firstborn child if he can figure this out, with no response. Slightly disappointing. But, it is only fair that I make the same offer here. I can get pictures if anyone thinks that would help.

1st Gen Ryzen rarely does above 2933Mhz, that's one of the improvements 2nd gen Ryzen made, it works with a lot more RAM and a lot better. Still doesn't hit massive speeds but it should do 3466 considering 3200 is not an issue. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Regardless it is just a placeholder until Ryzen 3rd gen. That's a minor issue I was having. I couldn't clock it over 2133. My main issue is I now have no video output with essentially completely rebuilding the machine.

Dead CPU is one in a million. AMD probably just send you back the same unit.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w