Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joshua_lotion

Best way to drain my custom loop

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I recently built this custom loop(yes I know it looks bad atm but it’s because some parts haven’t arrived. Just testing stuff right now) and now I need to drain it to replace it with red coolant along with swapping out some fittings. Where should I let it drain? The extra port of the reservoir or the outlet of the pump? Can’t seem to visualise it in my head. Thanks 211ADEFD-7895-4548-A01C-2B3FDA7D1818.thumb.jpeg.466775dbdf5c465e26a4e5700ad78b32.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 3/16/2019 at 9:37 PM, andrewmp6 said:

The drain you want at the lowest point in the loop.And what tubing is that your using?Is it made for water cooling or medical grade?

i have no idea. When planning this build, tubing was the only thing i didnt buy online coz i thought it would be easy to get at any local hardware store. Turns out of the half a dozen stores i visited, none of them had the right tubing so in the end i caved and got this ugly one( whose purpose i am not sure of) coz it was the only one that fit. Maybe in the future i will get the proper tubing required. And even if its not the right tubing is there something wrong with it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joshua_lotion said:

i have no idea. When planning this build, tubing was the only thing i didnt buy online coz i thought it would be easy to get at any local hardware store. Turns out of the half a dozen stores i visited, none of them had the right tubing so in the end i caved and got this ugly one( whose purpose i am not sure of) coz it was the only one that fit. Maybe in the future i will get the proper tubing required. And even if its not the right tubing is there something wrong with it?

Using the wrong tubing will plasticizer,Which means plastic from the tubing will start leaching out of it and end up clogging up your blocks.So if the tubing is not rated for water cooling or food grade your taking that risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
42 minutes ago, andrewmp6 said:

Using the wrong tubing will plasticizer,Which means plastic from the tubing will start leaching out of it and end up clogging up your blocks.So if the tubing is not rated for water cooling or food grade your taking that risk.

oh crap. are you able to tell what kind of tubing this is from the pics?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 5:28 AM, joshua_lotion said:

oh crap. are you able to tell what kind of tubing this is from the pics?

Most tubing used for water cooling is not braided like that.Some medical tubing is but its a lot of money to buy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andrewmp6 said:

Most tubing used for water cooling is not braided like that.Some medical tubing is but its a lot of money to buy.

That looks like garden hose tubing, durable for sure but not something i would drink out of and thus likely not good for water cooling.

 

That said, its the same kinda tubing old school water coolers used back in the day since the 'proper' stuff wast available.

 

The proper soft tubing is relativly cheap, i just bought 4 x 1m Mayhems packs for my refresh build and it cost £10. 4m is way more than ill need, could have got half that and still have plenty, but i wanted a stock of it spare for other things.


CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w | VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma |

GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC w/OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P |

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×