Network Address Translation issue ( NAT )

Rito101

okay so im getting this error when troubleshooting incoming connections on the server

More than one device is performing network address translation ( NAT ) - Detected

im just trying to get the employee attendance software on a network PC while the database is on the server, im not too savy with networks but if someone could help me solve the issue ill be grateful.

the PC is connected via LAN to the server

44 minutes ago, Acedia said:

Please provide a network diagram of the setup. From the description I assume there is at least one router doing NAT.

Well 'at least one' wouldn't be a problem, it's the 'more than one' that's messing stuff up.

But I do agree, a network diagram (or at least a more detailed description) would be useful

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

7 hours ago, myselfolli said:

Well 'at least one' wouldn't be a problem, it's the 'more than one' that's messing stuff up.

But I do agree, a network diagram (or at least a more detailed description) would be useful

I wouldn’t put too much thought in the number since it should be impossible to know how many NAT a packet underwent.  I‘d assume it detected multiple devices connecting through a single IP which results in that message. 

thank you all for replying but i dont know how to make a network diagram.

10 hours ago, Acedia said:

I wouldn’t put too much thought in the number since it should be impossible to know how many NAT a packet underwent.  I‘d assume it detected multiple devices connecting through a single IP which results in that message. 

after i did some googling i found some advice about running a command in CMD ( tracert 8.8.8.8 ) and it confirmed that there were 2 routers which were causing the NAT issue and so i just removed that 2nd router and got a simple Switch in its place to have more ports ( was using the second router for more LAN ports ) anyway im on a different issue now. i cant for the life of me Map or add a network location on the PC even though i made the folder i wanted Shareable in the server so i have no idea whats going on anymore Dx

sorry for not being able to provide more details because i dont really know too much about networks other than basic stuff

All we're looking for is a simple 'drawing' if you will of your network setup. Just draw little boxes, write down what it's supposed to be and connect the boxes with lines representing ethernet cables or a wifi connection.

Can you show us the output of tracert before and after removing the other router?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for taking this long with the update on this.

in short the issue was at my job and they didnt want to bring in any tech support on it ( dunno why Probably to save a buck ) but i eventually gave up on this and told them this is out of my area of expertise ( btw im a graphic designer there lol ) they came to me because they know i like tech and pc's as a hobby.