How can we use case fans for external uses

Shreyaan

I have a laptop that i want to connect to external monitor keyboard mouse and usb hub. Basically something just like this video but without external gpu. I want to use fans but i dont really know how. How to connect to a laptop, how to power them etc. 

3 minutes ago, Shreyaan said:

I have a laptop that i want to connect to external monitor keyboard mouse and usb hub. Basically something just like this video but without external gpu. I want to use fans but i dont really know how. How to connect to a laptop, how to power them etc. 

The external monitor will use just your regular outlet to power. The USB hub will use your USB from your computer and from there your keyboard and mouse can just be either connected to the hub or the computer. If you want to run fans try looking for a external laptop fan cooler on amazon. I wouldn't open the motherboard and connect wire to just run basic fans.

I guess you want to know how to get those fans running without fan connections? 

If you are somewhat secure with electronics you can hook up those fans to a standard 5V-12V (depending on how fast you want them to run) power supply and just plug it into an outlet if you want them to turn on. Or alternatively just wire in a switch