Major audio popping/crackling

Fortekko
Go to solution Solved by Atra1n2,

I'm pretty sure these are wireless, right? How do they sound wired to the computer, if they have a 3.5mm port? You may have wireless interference between your PC and headset (i.e. WiFi mainly).

Hey guys

So a year ago I bought the wireless Arctis 7 headset and it worked perfectly fine for about a year. After a while though, it started popping and crackling and occasionally rapidly disconnecting/reconnecting whenever I would do something that requires a lot of audio (gaming/music/etc). I've exchanged the headset and reinstalled the audio drivers several times, so I don't think its a defect causing this. Audio going through other sources (hdmi/3.5mm) seem to be unaffected. Its driving me crazy, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Specs: 

CPU

Ryzen 1600X

Motherboard

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 w/ BIOS F25

RAM

Team T-Force Dark 16GB 3000

GPU

EVGA 1070 FTW DT

Storage

Adata 500GB SSD

PSU

SeaSonic SSR-550RM

Operating System

Windows 10 Education 64 bit

CPU Ryzen 7 3700x | Motherboard ASUS STRIX X570-E | RAM Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz | GPU EVGA 1070 FTW DT | CaseLian-Li O11 | Storage Corsair MP600 1 TB, Adata SU800 512 GB | PSU Corsair RM850X 850W | Display(s) ASUS TUF VG27AQ, MSI MAG24C | Cooling CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 360R

Yep, these are wireless but they have a cable for if you want to use them as a wired headset. The setup I have right now is same as back when it worked fine, but I'll try moving stuff around and see if I can't eliminate WiFi as a possible cause. Completely forgot that it operates on the 2.4 GHz band

CPU Ryzen 7 3700x | Motherboard ASUS STRIX X570-E | RAM Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz | GPU EVGA 1070 FTW DT | CaseLian-Li O11 | Storage Corsair MP600 1 TB, Adata SU800 512 GB | PSU Corsair RM850X 850W | Display(s) ASUS TUF VG27AQ, MSI MAG24C | Cooling CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 360R

@Fortekko I used to have a pair of Turtle Beach wireless headphones with a receiver that plugged into the computer and after changing my WiFi configuration, they got very flaky, lost their range, and had lots of pops, cracks, and static-y sounds. They also operated on the 2.4 gHz band.

Wow I actually think that this fixed the problem. I put the router on the ground rather than on top of my case and it looks like most of the crackling stopped. Granted, this didn't happen before when the transceiver was right next to the router so I didn't think that was the issue. Hopefully the problem is actually gone this time and not just me being lucky during my testing. Anyways, thanks for the help!

• 2 years later...

I got a fix on this. This is due to wireless interference between devices like Wi-Fi routers. I just disabled the 2.4ghz bandwidth and enabled 5ghz instead on my router settings. And it stopped crackling and disconnecting on my headset.