Selling my laptop...

Okay so my laptop is trash. Here is what it is 

So my question is, would It be better to sell it as a laptop, or by selling the individual parts (I.e, ram, hdd, mobo, etc.)

edit: forgot to mention, the battery is dead. As in it won’t charge

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

6 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Okay so my laptop is trash. Here is what it is 

So my question is, would It be better to sell it as a laptop, or by selling the individual parts (I.e, ram, hdd, mobo, etc.)

edit: forgot to mention, the battery is dead. As in it won’t charge

Sell as is, and state it needs a new battery. Sometimes people wont care if they plan to leave it plugged in all the time.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Laptops aren't worth parting out. Desktops, maybe, but laptops? Nope.

Just sell it as-is.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Sell as is, and state it needs a new battery. Sometimes people wont care if they plan to leave it plugged in all the time.

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Laptops aren't worth parting out. Desktops, maybe, but laptops? Nope.

Just sell it as-is.

Okay thank you both, what would be a good price? If you don’t feel like reading the specs on the site, it’s also in my sig

3 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Okay thank you both, what would be a good price? If you don’t feel like reading the specs on the site, it’s also in my sig

WIth no battery Id say $75-$125 USD

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

WIth no battery Id say $75-$125 USD

I will probably list it as $125, but I’ll lower it if someone wants it but doesn’t wanna spend that much

6 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

I will probably list it as $125, but I’ll lower it if someone wants it but doesn’t wanna spend that much

I would honestly say 50 bucks is being generous. It might sell for 100 if the battery was good and it was in physically good shape.

10 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

You said it had a dead battery, right? If so, I'd put it for $125-150.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You said it had a dead battery, right? If so, I'd put it for $125-150.

If I buy a pc case, could i sell it as an office PC? I could upgrade to 8gb ram

2 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

If I buy a pc case, could i sell it as an office PC? I could upgrade to 8gb ram

Possibly, but I doubt it would increase the price much (the RAM might, but the case won't; if anything, it'll be worth less because you'll have to supply your own keyboard, mouse, and monitor).

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Possibly, but I doubt it would increase the price much (the RAM might, but the case won't; if anything, it'll be worth less because you'll have to supply your own keyboard, mouse, and monitor).

Well I have a monitor I could sell with it, and I have a *decent* Kbm (came with an HP 2 in 1 I took apart) I could sell with it. 

And the monitor would would be better, because it’s a 1080p monitor, and the one the laptop comes with is a 726p (I think) monitor, plus they are both 60hz, but the monitor I have has more options (I have it set up for better vision in siege, but I can reset it)

the laptop top is not damaged, but it has slight scuffs on the back that I can wash off

3 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Well I have a monitor I could sell with it, and I have a *decent* Kbm (came with an HP 2 in 1 I took apart) I could sell with it. 

And the monitor would would be better, because it’s a 1080p monitor, and the one the laptop comes with is a 726p (I think) monitor, plus they are both 60hz, but the monitor I have has more options (I have it set up for better vision in siege, but I can reset it)

the laptop top is not damaged, but it has slight scuffs on the back that I can wash off

Try selling it as a laptop first, if it doesn't sell try making it a desktop.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

10 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Try selling it as a laptop first, if it doesn't sell try making it a desktop.

Okay that will probably be easier. Should I upgrade to 8gb ram first? It’s only like $20 to buy the ram, then I can sell the 4gb stick for $5 or $10 on eBay

4 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Okay that will probably be easier. Should I upgrade to 8gb ram first? It’s only like $20 to buy the ram, then I can sell the 4gb stick for $5 or $10 on eBay

Honestly upgrading it is not going to make it worth anymore. It is a 200 dollar laptop that can be picked up for 150 on sale brand new.

Whoever suggested turning it into a desktop you dont just buy a case. It is usually a couple weeks worth of custom work building a case around a proprietary motherboard, extending ribbon cables and making a custom thermal solution. Even after all of that it still wont be worth anything.