Several BSODs (RAM related?)

In the last time I'm getting more and more BSODs. They occur especially while gaming (Anno 1800 Beta and Apex).

Here are a few Examples: 

-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

-MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

-FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

-ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TOREADONLY_MEMORY

-KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I tested the RAM with Memtest86 for 10 passes several times. Lowering the graphic settings reduces the BSOD frequency significantly. I'm pretty sure the RAM should be fine. So my question is what could it be? My bet would be graphics card. But i haven't found any method to verify this. I also attached several dmp files. If any further information are necessary for troubleshooting, please inform me. 

My System:

Motherboard: MSI G45 Z87

CPU: i7-4770

GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 

RAM: DDR3 Corsair Vengance 12 GB

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB

Thank you!

013119-5000-01.dmp

013119-5109-01.dmp

021019-4781-01.dmp

021019-5546-01.dmp

021019-7875-01.dmp

Do 

2 hours ago, wolle98 said:

-snip-

Do you have another GPU to test with. Also your core should support onboard video. If your mobo supports video, you can try gaming with that to eliminate your GPU from the mix. I am not saying its going to be a wonderful experience, you can also try running a video test like 3d mark etc.

Come to think of it, how old is your SSD. is it m.2?

2 minutes ago, BB TECH said:

Come to think of it, how old is your SSD. is it m.2?

The 840 EVO is SATA3.  Should be about 5 years old, but those things just don't fail. 

EDIT : most reviews seem to be from mid-2013, the 850 EVO reviews are from late 2014.  So yeah, about 4-5.5 years would be a safe bet.  

4 minutes ago, BB TECH said:

Do 

Do you have another GPU to test with. Also your core should support onboard video. If your mobo supports video, you can try gaming with that to eliminate your GPU from the mix. I am not saying its going to be a wonderful experience, you can also try running a video test like 3d mark etc.

unfortunately i dont have another gpu to test. Im going to try onboard, but im not sure those games work with it. And i have no other possibility to recreate this issue. But i will try it. 

5 minutes ago, BB TECH said:

Do 

Download this and see what it says. Anything other than 100% is something to think about

https://www.harddisksentinel.com/hdsentinel_pro_setup.zip

2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

The 840 EVO is SATA3.  Should be about 5 years old, but those things just don't fail.

yes you are right. And I already disabled the Page File so it shouldn't be related to the ssd.

Just now, wolle98 said:

unfortunately i dont have another gpu to test. Im going to try onboard, but im not sure those games work with it. And i have no other possibility to recreate this issue. But i will try it. 

Use 3D Mark then or try the game.

You are just trying to go through the process of elimination. If it does not happen with onboard but does with your gpu at least you can focus attention there whether it be temps on the video card, drivers etc, power

Just now, wolle98 said:

yes you are right. And I already disabled the Page File so it shouldn't be related to the ssd.

You should still check the health of it, saying its ok and doesnt fail, and knowing its not are 2 different things, never assume

2 hours ago, BB TECH said:

You should still check the health of it, saying its ok and doesnt fail, and knowing its not are 2 different things, never assume

This is the CrystalDisk extract. Is there anything else I need to check?

image.png.9733a42de6741a630e6d6d02c6deb561.png

2 hours ago, BB TECH said:

Use 3D Mark then or try the game.

You are just trying to go through the process of elimination. If it does not happen with onboard but does with your gpu at least you can focus attention there whether it be temps on the video card, drivers etc, power

I will try this later this evening. But I already reinstalled Windows(and drivers), Temperatures are fine too.

W

22 minutes ago, wolle98 said:

I will try this later this evening. But I already reinstalled Windows(and drivers), Temperatures are fine too.

What are the exact temps though at idle for everything

I've had RAM overclocks pass RAM testing, but then prove unstable in games.  I mention this because though your RAM may pass memtest86 it doesn't mean that it isn't the culprit.  Unstable RAM can and will cause GPU driver problems.  Those BSOD may also have corrupted files in Windows or in the GPU driver.  I would encourage re-installing the GPU drivers and then checking your Windows install.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

4 hours ago, wolle98 said:

In the last time I'm getting more and more BSODs. They occur especially while gaming (Anno 1800 Beta and Apex).

Here are a few Examples: 

-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

-MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

-FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

-ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TOREADONLY_MEMORY

-KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

That's some serious shit oO

Looks like either your RAM is kaktus or even the CPU.

But GPU could also be dying.

Also the SSD might be issue...

4 hours ago, wolle98 said:

My System:

Motherboard: MSI G45 Z87

CPU: i7-4770

GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 

RAM: DDR3 Corsair Vengance 12 GB

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB

PSU??
What powers that shit?

ALso a possibility...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

17 hours ago, nick name said:

I've had RAM overclocks pass RAM testing, but then prove unstable in games.  I mention this because though your RAM may pass memtest86 it doesn't mean that it isn't the culprit.  Unstable RAM can and will cause GPU driver problems.  Those BSOD may also have corrupted files in Windows or in the GPU driver.  I would encourage re-installing the GPU drivers and then checking your Windows install.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

already reinstalled windows and ran sfc several times

14 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

That's some serious shit oO

Looks like either your RAM is kaktus or even the CPU.

But GPU could also be dying.

Also the SSD might be issue...

PSU??
What powers that shit?

ALso a possibility...

I have a corsair Rm650i. should be enough i guess

Yesterday evening I tried to run of graphics card(gtx 680) from a friend. I totally destroyed my windows(BSOD while booting: Critical Process Died) and i had to set it up new. now I'm running on a fresh windows with the gtx 680 since a few hours and no issues so far. If it works the next few hours well I am going to switch back to the gtx 970 again. But I am pretty sure now the graphics card is the issue.

18 hours ago, BB TECH said:

W

What are the exact temps though at idle for everything

image.png.0b2758866bda11fcc3109f17d8f75ff0.png

when you reinstall the other card make sure you use the custom install theirs an option for remove other drivers or clean installation something along those lines, it will get rid of the old drivers and settings,

6 hours ago, wolle98 said:

already reinstalled windows and ran sfc several times

Did you also run:  DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case