Help.cant install apex because origin sucks!

parthm

I wanted to try the game apex legends but to install that i need to install origin.

well, I installed origin and everything went fine but clicking download gives me a message that select yes and it needs some permission to download/create folder thing.there is no UAC message asking me to click yes on! it bugged me that i cant install it.

I've tried everything from changing directories, different UAC control levels, changing file permissions, running as an administrator, clearing temp files, reinstalling origin updating bios. all combinations of solutions that I could think of and it still doesn't work.

I've tried all solutions provided online by ea and none of them work. I haven't tried reinstalling windows or using safe mode well because that's bs just to install a game!?

Where did you install origin itself? Also, can you make a screenshot of the message that comes up?

You should get a Language selection when you click on install then, location and finally the EULA which you have to accept to proceed.

Like this: https://imgur.com/a/qOtJiWd

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

5 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Where did you install origin itself? Also, can you make a screenshot of the message that comes up?

You should get a Language selection when you click on install then, location and finally the EULA which you have to accept to proceed.

Like this: https://imgur.com/a/qOtJiWd

wait ..

i didn't get that message while i installed it

tried two different origin installation files

1.while searching apex it gave me a different sized file

2.from their website i can only download origin - thin client.

10 minutes ago, parthm said:

wait ..

Either should do the trick but, for reference, I used the thin installer. Could you check where Origin is installed? The default should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

2 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Either should do the trick but, for reference, I used the thin installer. Could you check where Origin is installed? The default should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

yep thats where it is.

18 minutes ago, parthm said:

wait ..

sorry for the late ss. I ended up uninstalling it sigh

Untitled.jpg

Haven't happened to me before. Usually, when the UAC doesn't pop up you can alt-tab or click into it from the taskbar.

Maybe try enabling the Beta version in the Origin installer.

Edit:

Give this a shot if those don't work:

I found after speaking to EA over phone that there was a problem that I have installed an EA Origin Client a few years back, and that one has left some old files on my disk. This resulted in these errors. I will summarise the steps provided by the representative.

This includes downloading a software (suggested by EA support) which removes hidden files related to the Origin Client.

1. Close down Origin.

2. Download Revo (free) https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

3. Go into Revo and uninstall Origin. Then when that is completed do a moderate Scan and delete the files that pop up. There's 2 windows with files popping up. I wiped everything, but I suppose you can wipe just anything related to Origin.

4. Restart your computer

5. Go and download this Origin Client https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe (This is the full client, not the network download version).

6. Install the OriginSetup.exe, you do not need to run it as administrator.

7. Live your life as intended.

Source.

Edited by Cyberspirit

19 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Haven't happened to me before. Usually, when the UAC doesn't pop up you can alt-tab or click into it from the taskbar.

Edit:

Source.

thanks ill try this version too 

1 hour ago, Cyberspirit said:

Edit:

Source.

tried this version too. did not work. tried it in safe mode as well and no solution