Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zondaa

Apex Legends - Poor SLI performance [FIX]

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Ballfade said:

Hmm I never imported the file the OP later linked.   How the heck you get it to install somewhere else? I have tried putting games on origin in different drives and it always gives me some error. Then again I didn't try with this game. Any luck yet?

honestly i just pick a different file path when that screen shows up during install, I got BFV and APEX on a "gaming" SSD so i dont use all space on C drive.

 

Sadly in this case maybe it could have worked with the imported file if i had it installed at the default place ^^ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Antmas said:

I've tried this on my rig (970 sli) and I get mixed results. Either the menu runs at 6 FPS, or running very high FPS, but HUGE drops and stuttering when compared to running without a profile.

 

We're close, but not there yet.

Something else has to be going on. Check your spot light setting, seems the max setting and i believe the high setting seems to tank fps.  Because when done like the OP said, it works flawlessly for me. Stay at the high 100s at 4k.

 

8700k

SLI 20tis 

16gb

Link to post
Share on other sites

0x080000F5 profile, getting good scaling now, although there is some weird frame skipping, im sure its a simple setting that someone with a bit more knowhow with inspector would be able to solve, please post if you are able to fix 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4.Find Apex profile, delete it. If not, continue to step 5.

5.Locate the install folder for Apex. For me it was "E:\Origin  Games\Apex\r5apex.exe". For you i might be different. Right click your desktop shortcut and copy the "target:" line. Be sure to not copy the " "

6.Paste the copied path in the pulldown menu where you find all the games paste in the correct path to your install of Apex. There is only one place to do this and its the white field to the right of "Profiles:"

7.Follow OP's tip and choose 0x020000F5 (Wargame: AirLand Battle, Call of Duty:Black Ops II, Titanfall)

8. Hit Apply changes.

9.Launch game.

10.Go to video settings

11.Change (if set to other) vsync to DISABLED

12. Enjoy use of all GPU's.

 

Took this of guy name Lt-Butterfingers off the EA forum I was following. This should get ya going. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys,

 

Why are we choosing to use the Titanfall 1 profile ( 0x020000F5) instead of using the existing Titanfall 2 SLI profile (0x000000F5)?  If Titanfall 2 has SLI support, wouldn't we want to use that profile, being that the heavily modified Source engine from Apex LEgends probably more closely resembles that of Titanfall 2??  I have my profile set to the Titanfall 2 (0x000000F5) w/ SLI GTX1080s and I see some decent FPS scaling.  I do have some small artifacting as times, though.  Let me know what y'all think.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SatanicPanic said:

Guys,

 

Why are we choosing to use the Titanfall 1 profile ( 0x020000F5) instead of using the existing Titanfall 2 SLI profile (0x000000F5)?  If Titanfall 2 has SLI support, wouldn't we want to use that profile, being that the heavily modified Source engine from Apex LEgends probably more closely resembles that of Titanfall 2??  I have my profile set to the Titanfall 2 (0x000000F5) w/ SLI GTX1080s and I see some decent FPS scaling.  I do have some small artifacting as times, though.  Let me know what y'all think.  

I will try this out and see how it goes. But titanfall is working awesome.

 

Edit: After trying the titanfall2, it seems to work well also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, i have lenovo ideapad y510p with 2x GT755m. i have tried the titanfall profile and the 0x080000F5 profile, they both increase my fps dramatically from 15 to 60. But after 2-3 mins tha game crashes 😕 Any ideas ?  i get this error when i use Zondaa 's profile51704622_409372893167390_3699545594524598272_n.png.de16f4681970f54c01d46291fbaf4f03.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, SatanicPanic said:

Guys,

 

Why are we choosing to use the Titanfall 1 profile ( 0x020000F5) instead of using the existing Titanfall 2 SLI profile (0x000000F5)?  If Titanfall 2 has SLI support, wouldn't we want to use that profile, being that the heavily modified Source engine from Apex LEgends probably more closely resembles that of Titanfall 2??  I have my profile set to the Titanfall 2 (0x000000F5) w/ SLI GTX1080s and I see some decent FPS scaling.  I do have some small artifacting as times, though.  Let me know what y'all think.  

I had problems with the titanfall 2 sli profile back when titanfall 2 was released which is why i prefer using Titanfall's one.


Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15X - i7 8750h, gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4, 2TB Samsung NVME

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Made an account after finding this thread on google,

 

just to share that this has fixed my sli issue, and the game is now playable. until crash, crash to desktop occurs most games. Is this what jack was talking about or is this related to us?

On 1080 resolution, From 30-45 fps on lowest settings to 50-65 fps on high settings using SLI 670's. I was only able to get 60 fps previously on lower resolution/adaptive resolution, and therefore I was about to uninstall this game. It's hard to play at these lower resolutions, it looks like butter is smeared across my screen.  I decided to see if I can get SLI working- Glad I tried, and glad I found this thread. 

My process wasn't to download the config earlier linked, or to paste the location of the game's .exe into the nvidia inspector profile space as someone said- if you do this, and hit refresh, you will notice it seems you're just modifying the global settings...

 

1. Create a new profile in Nvidia Inspector, name it apex or whatever, add the game's exe location and then simply follow op's one instruction for changing that one modifier, hit apply.

2. There is no number 2

 

Minor amount of artifacting is present but for me only seen it in menu and while sky dropping. Make sure you get back to native resolution when trying this.

 

Random crashes are very common, are you guys getting them? HOLY SHIT i get this one behaviour i've never seen before, i will alt tab out occasionally and it will SUDDENLY keep alt tabbing I can't stop it, just ALT TAB MEYHAM repeatedly until the game crashes

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, erotokritos said:

hello, i have lenovo ideapad y510p with 2x GT755m. i have tried the titanfall profile and the 0x080000F5 profile, they both increase my fps dramatically from 15 to 60. But after 2-3 mins tha game crashes 😕 Any ideas ?  i get this error when i use Zondaa 's profile51704622_409372893167390_3699545594524598272_n.png.de16f4681970f54c01d46291fbaf4f03.png

 

 

Same problem with the same laptop. Lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, erotokritos said:

hello, i have lenovo ideapad y510p with 2x GT755m. i have tried the titanfall profile and the 0x080000F5 profile, they both increase my fps dramatically from 15 to 60. But after 2-3 mins tha game crashes 😕 Any ideas ?  i get this error when i use Zondaa 's profile51704622_409372893167390_3699545594524598272_n.png.de16f4681970f54c01d46291fbaf4f03.png

 

 

I randomly get this error also, are you on the latest nvidia driver? Because that could be causing the issue also. I dont crash enough for me to want to roll back lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ballfade said:

I randomly get this error also, are you on the latest nvidia driver? Because that could be causing the issue also. I dont crash enough for me to want to roll back lol.

i have the latest drivers. should i roll back to the previous  version? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hoping that Nvidia will make a legitimate SLI profile in the near future and Respawn will continue to optimize and patch Apex to improve overall performance. Thanks for all the info, guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, same issue here in the menu, getting low fps if spot-on shadows is enabled.

But when I get into training mode (didn't try a game yet) I get less fps than w/o the SLI profile (45 instead of 57) AND artifacts in the beginning cave for 15sec. (black squares).

 

2x1080Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NeoToxic said:

Hi, same issue here in the menu, getting low fps if spot-on shadows is enabled.

But when I get into training mode (didn't try a game yet) I get less fps than w/o the SLI profile (45 instead of 57) AND artifacts in the beginning cave for 15sec. (black squares).

 

2x1080Ti

You are going to have those artifact. Also spot shadows above low tank fps and in general I don't find it worth it. what resolution you playing and what is fps with the sli profile?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, Ballfade said:

You are going to have those artifact. Also spot shadows above low tank fps and in general I don't find it worth it. what resolution you playing and what is fps with the sli profile?

I also suffer from the artifacts, they're very minor and haven't prevented me from getting wins at all. Using the Titanfall 1 sli profile i get 144fps on 3440x1440

 

The artifacts tend to disappear after a couple minutes of gameplay.


Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15X - i7 8750h, gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4, 2TB Samsung NVME

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally i found the game in the inspector but when i launch the game its lagging a bit and a few seconds later its crashing, and i need to restart my computer and disable the SLI bits and restore it to default settingsin order for it to work...,. pls help

Update: now its not freezing in the loading screen, its only freezing when i have been 1-3 sec in the main menu.

and i can access the options if iam fast, if that helps.

 

2 x Gtx 580

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have't run in to a single FPS issue... I just can't stand how terrible the servers are. Seems every match we get rubberbanding for a good 30+ seconds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PjM said:

Finally i found the game in the inspector but when i launch the game its lagging a bit and a few seconds later its crashing, and i need to restart my computer and disable the SLI bits and restore it to default settingsin order for it to work...,. pls help

Update: now its not freezing in the loading screen, its only freezing when i have been 1-3 sec in the main menu.

and i can access the options if iam fast, if that helps.

 

2 x Gtx 580

The one in the inspector is not the one you want, if you are talking of the one actually named "Apex Legends"

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ballfade said:

The one in the inspector is not the one you want, if you are talking of the one actually named "Apex Legends"

How come Ballfade?  I just tweaked the existing "Apex Legends" profile and seemed to be fine?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×