Need Help!! Do i have a faulty GPU?

boyebs

Hi everyone would like to ask for help regarding my problem encountered last month.

Im playing for almost 3hrs that night (12/11/2018) , PC running smoothly without any problem. Then the next day, im going to play again but this problem occur, CPU are working all the fans and lights, keyboard and mouse are working too (GPU fans not working). but my monitor remains black and no display at all, monitor has only orange light(which indicates it has power).

I tried to troubleshoot with these steps:

1. Reseat Rams, 

2. Remove cmos battery

3. Test the cables and monitor on other PC (working fine on other PC)

4. Cleaned the ram and GPU gold plated part with eraser. 

5. Removed all the parts except for my procie

6. Test GPU on other Computer (CPU are running fine also yet no display, remains black screen)

So I assumed i have faulty GPU, but here's the twist.

After I encountered the problem, I didnt tried to open my system for 3days, then i got bored, and decided to troubleshoot again, so I turn on the PC and luckily it worked fine and running smoothly i've play for almost 4hrs that day, later on when i came back at night to play again, same problem again, CPU are working lights and fans, except the GPU fan.

To make story short, what i did now is letting these parts unplugged and give atleast 24 to 36hrs before I plugged it again then PC will turn on w/o any problem

1. Cmos battery

2. GPU

3. All the cables (powersupply, kb & mouse, internet cable, headset

And give atleast 24 to 36hrs before I plugged it again then PC will turn on w/o any problem, but right after I turn off the PC it will not turn on again, needed atleast 24hrs so i can  used the PC again. Until now that's the only way I can used my PC, sometime it will turn on and sometime its not, I tried to run it for 24hrs without turning it off, no problem encountered, 

Does the GPU causing the problem? or might consider other part as a culprit? If there's a need to elaborate regarding my issue feel free to ask, I just needed some help thank you

Here's my specs for reference

Procie - Ryzen 5 1600

Mboard - Ab350m gaming 3

GPU - Zotac 1050 2gb

Ram - 1x4gb Corsair and 2x4gb kingston both 2400mhz (working fine for almost 5months)

PSU - Seasonic MII bronze 80 520watts

4 hours ago, boyebs said:

Hi everyone would like to ask for help regarding my problem encountered last month.

Im playing for almost 3hrs that night (12/11/2018) , PC running smoothly without any problem. Then the next day, im going to play again but this problem occur, CPU are working all the fans and lights, keyboard and mouse are working too (GPU fans not working). but my monitor remains black and no display at all, monitor has only orange light(which indicates it has power).

I tried to troubleshoot with these steps:

1. Reseat Rams, 

2. Remove cmos battery

3. Test the cables and monitor on other PC (working fine on other PC)

4. Cleaned the ram and GPU gold plated part with eraser. 

5. Removed all the parts except for my procie

6. Test GPU on other Computer (CPU are running fine also yet no display, remains black screen)

So I assumed i have faulty GPU, but here's the twist.

After I encountered the problem, I didnt tried to open my system for 3days, then i got bored, and decided to troubleshoot again, so I turn on the PC and luckily it worked fine and running smoothly i've play for almost 4hrs that day, later on when i came back at night to play again, same problem again, CPU are working lights and fans, except the GPU fan.

To make story short, what i did now is letting these parts unplugged and give atleast 24 to 36hrs before I plugged it again then PC will turn on w/o any problem

1. Cmos battery

2. GPU

3. All the cables (powersupply, kb & mouse, internet cable, headset

And give atleast 24 to 36hrs before I plugged it again then PC will turn on w/o any problem, but right after I turn off the PC it will not turn on again, needed atleast 24hrs so i can  used the PC again. Until now that's the only way I can used my PC, sometime it will turn on and sometime its not, I tried to run it for 24hrs without turning it off, no problem encountered, 

Does the GPU causing the problem? or might consider other part as a culprit? If there's a need to elaborate regarding my issue feel free to ask, I just needed some help thank you

Here's my specs for reference

Procie - Ryzen 5 1600

Mboard - Ab350m gaming 3

GPU - Zotac 1050 2gb

Ram - 1x4gb Corsair and 2x4gb kingston both 2400mhz (working fine for almost 5months)

PSU - Seasonic MII bronze 80 520watts

If the video card fans are spinning that is not a good sign.  Try the card on a different slot... Let us know what happens.  good luck

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

If the video card fans are spinning that is not a good sign.  Try the card on a different slot... Let us know what happens.  good luck

video card fans are spinning if the PC run normally, but if i turned on the CPU and monitor remains black, dont have any output from the card i think, fans are not running. I already tried it on different slot still the same, CPU running yet no display, honestly its kinda weird thats why until now i still in doubt whats really the problem on my system. 

Try this.  Go to BIOS set all to defaults.  Then see what happens and let me know. 

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

okay im going to try this one again, maybe tomorrow, unfortunately my PC didnt turn on, no display!!! thanks ill let you know soon!!!