Speculation of the future of modular laptops

I was thinking about that gaming all in one discussed as a laptop, and laptop with the desktop 9900k and everything including the GPU and the video outputs.

While I was watching the new video from unbox therapy with a windows ThinkPad tablet, and a removable keyboard.

I was thinking y not combine all of them.

A tablet PC with 30% of the battery in the tablet.

The keyboard would have the rest of the battery and the GPU, and a USB 3.1 dongle with all the ports.

I wonder if there are any issues with using a smaller desktop card so u could upgrade with any GPU that fits the same formfactor, or u could order a different GPU case so u could have a GPU with screws In Different palaces as long as I think was the same sise.

Feel free and suggest any more ideas, just try not to critique me too much this only took me a few minutes to think up so I'm sure so some of it's unrealistic.

but everything here has already been done I'm just talkin about putting it together, but most of it is CES so I don't half of these things will still be a thing next CES.

31 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

A tablet PC with 30% of the battery in the tablet.

The keyboard would have the rest of the battery and the GPU, and a USB 3.1 dongle with all the ports.

Microsoft surface pro does this, and also moves the DGPU to the keyboard.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16 hours ago, fasauceome said:

So is the keyboard dgpu upgradable?

16 hours ago, fasauceome said:

It doesn't have the removable dongle, you have to buy that separately and it's not part of the laptop, and I thought everyone was complaining that he didn't have USB type-c? Or was that thunderbolt?

7 hours ago, Ryanwake said:

It doesn't have the removable dongle, you have to buy that separately and it's not part of the laptop, and I thought everyone was complaining that he didn't have USB type-c? Or was that thunderbolt?

It may be possible to use any surface base with any surface book.  However they don't sell them that way. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/surface-base-sold-separately-for-current-surface/3cb1dc93-e014-4c1e-82ac-67d2dfc22c49

6 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

It may be possible to use any surface base with any surface book.  However they don't sell them that way. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/surface-base-sold-separately-for-current-surface/3cb1dc93-e014-4c1e-82ac-67d2dfc22c49

Wait they have the upgrad and refuse to sell it to u, and they refuse to comment lol.

I guess it's the same thing with the Wii u game pad, u can buy a used one and it works fine, but they never considered selling it because it would cost $100 and the system cost $300.

Plus they have limited replacements, I bet u could get one if u used official coustmer repair, but you would have to give them a broken one.

1 minute ago, Ryanwake said:

Wait they have the upgrad and refuse to sell it to u, and they refuse to comment lol.

I guess it's the same thing with the Wii u game pad, u can buy a used one and it works fine, but they never considered selling it because it would cost $100 and the system cost $300.

Plus they have limited replacements, I bet u could get one if u used official coustmer repair, but you would have to give them a broken one.

Let's speed the word and try and get Microsoft to sell upgrade bases