Windows 10 Start Up locations

SimplyChunk
Go to solution Solved by homeap5,

Try Autoruns - it shows you every autostart elements.

Okay, so i'm uploading a pic of all the start up locations i know of in Windows 10.  I can't for the life of me find where Oculus is in these but it's still starting up EVERY time i start Windows?  Any other locations you guys know of?  I couldn't find a 'Start with Windows' option in the Oculus software it self

Untitled.png

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Ok, I'll give it a pop

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Autoruns has cracked it.  Anyone else with this issue Run Autoruns as an Admin and disable these two entries

Untitled.png

Well, it's service. You can easily disable it using services.msc. But in Autoruns you see more in one place on nice list.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

Well, it's service. You can easily disable it using services.msc. But in Autoruns you see more in one place on nice list.

Thanks once again

10 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Maybe scratch that, turns out Oculus doesn't want to start at all now

55 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Maybe scratch that, turns out Oculus doesn't want to start at all now

Because you removed service instead of disabling it. Enable it in Autoruns, restart, then set to manual in services.msc (type "services.msc" in Win+R dialog).

Yeah, then have to restart the service every time i want to use the damned thing.  Thanks for your help but some further digging has shown this issue is a bit deeper than a windows services issue.  I'll pack it all up for now and leave it in the box until I've got my simrig built and just use it for what i bought the damned thing for in the first place

@homeap5