Trying to avoid bad sectors on a faulty HDD

Hi, I would like to know if there are some possible ways to not allow the filesystem to read/write and know about some damaged sectors in my HDD, possibily without making other than two partitions (because I know this way too)

I heard that a full NTFS format will mark and ignore bad sectors automatically, is this an automatic thing when you do chkdsk? Does it even exist? Can it be also applied to ext4? Should I fully NTFS format it instead? 

PS: If I could buy another HDD I wouldn't ask all of this, I don't need to store important data on this, just a couple of steam games.

image.png.408abb345a0006d92947de444345b060.png

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Try writing zeros on the disk a few times. The disk should automatically reallocate those sectors for you.

So it's something that the HDD takes care off, right? Should I do something with my filesystems too or they automatically avoid those as the disk tells them? 

A full, slow format checks for bad sectors and flags them.  It will not save you from future sectors going bad.

Just now, Lukyp said:

So it's something that the HDD takes care off, right? Should I do something with my filesystems too or they automatically avoid those as the disk tells them? 

Most files systems assume the drive does this for you. This disk should do it all, filesystem won't care or know.

26 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

So it's something that the HDD takes care off, right?

Yes, until it runs out of spare space to re-allocate those sectors to, then you start getting errors. Before that is should be transparent unless a sector went bad between data storage and retrieval.

Reiserfs can build a bad block list and avoid using it, but if you need to do that isn't the drive nearing it's death anyway?

1 minute ago, Ralphred said:

Yes, until it runs out of spare space to re-allocate those sectors to, then you start getting errors. Before that is should be transparent unless a sector went bad between data storage and retrieval.

Reiserfs can build a bad block list and avoid using it, but if you need to do that isn't the drive nearing it's death anyway?

Pretty much every filesystem does this, FAT16 does it even.  Once the bad sectors surface in scans, the drive has no more spare tracks/sectors, so it cant do the job itself.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

Pretty much every filesystem does this

It lets you specify the blacklist location though, so it's not subject to the same degradation as the rest of the drive.