Switching gpu laptop

Hello

I have an asus gl502vm with 6gb of ram and an intel i7 6700HQ. But the problem is that I have to attend classes every day but there aren't any electric outlets. Wich is very annoying. My laptop is out of battery way to quickly even with all the powersaving modes on. So I was wondering if it was possible to switch from the nvidea GPU to my integrated graphics (like the nvidea optimus did) so my laptop wouldn't consume so much electricity when I'm on battery in class.

I hope anyone can help me with my problem.

In settings, under system > Display - you should have an option for "Advanced Graphics" here you should be able to choose what GPU is used by default. To make life easier you can choose exceptions (from the same menu) and choose to use your Nvidea card for things like games. Windows will dynamically switch between the two depending on your settings.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

6 hours ago, Drikke00 said:

So I was wondering if it was possible to switch from the nvidea GPU to my integrated graphics

Unfortunately no since your laptop has GSYNC. No way to enable iGPU

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

• 1 month later...

Is it possible if I disable G-sync on my laptop?

On 3/3/2019 at 4:45 PM, Drikke00 said:

Is it possible if I disable G-sync on my laptop?

Nope, however some GSYNC laptops do come with MUX switch

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128