Buying a Laptop from the Lenovo Online Outlet (experience review)

I thought some of you might be interested in my experience of buying a laptop from the Lenovo Outlet. The Outlet offers some head-turning deals on new hardware that was built to spec, and then never shipped due to a canceled order (or other buyer related issue). These are completely new systems, not refurbished and not scratch & dent (though the outlet does offer those as well). 

What I bought:

Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th gen

16gb Ram, 256gb storage (installing my own larger and faster SSD later), and the 2k HDR glossy screen.

What it cost:

I paid about $1,250 with tax. The computer would normally be just over $2,000 with tax (though they usually have some kind of small discount running which would bring the cost down to around $1,800). This means I saved anywhere from $600 to $800. 

Order process:

Very straightforward, no hiccups.

Tip:

On the main search pages for the outlet, not all of the spec details are listed. It will tell you the ram, storage, and cpu info, but not the screen information.  To see that, just click the "Shop now" button next to a listing you're interested in, and on the next page click "view models." That will show you all of the info about the build.

Customer Service:

The product was marked to ship in 1-3 days. On my order page, it listed it with an estimated ship date that was over 10 days away. I reached out to their live chat service on Lenovo's main site, and their reps explained that this was a temporary placeholder until the order moved through to the next stage. They said that once their security team had approved the order, the page would be updated. This was correct. The next day my page was updated with a new shipping date only 1 day away.

Their staff was was quick to respond, accurate, and friendly. You could tell some of it was part of a script, but frankly, they answered my question and had me on my way in just a couple minutes. Very happy with it.

Shipping:

I am really impressed. I ordered on Sunday night at 11pm. I received it on Thursday at 5pm. The site advertised 1-3 days to process it, plus another 3-5 for actual shipping. Mine arrived in 4 days, the shortest possible amount of time as advertised. 

Product & Packaging

The laptop arrive in a simple box rather than the all black presentation-style box that you would get if you bought this at their normal store. However, everything was included and secure. I personally don't care about the unboxing experience (especially not for $600-$800 cheaper), so it doesn't bother me. 

The laptop is brand new and was exactly as ordered. I have read some reviews about quality control with the keyboard on this model, and I didn't have any issue with it. Mine is perfect. 

Final Thoughts:

All in all, I am really impressed with the entire experience, and I feel like I got an amazing deal. If you are in the market for a Lenovo, check their outlet out first. Some of the deals are incredible, and you can save a lot of money. 

Here is a link to where I shopped, in case you're interested: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/outletus/laptops/c/LAPTOPS

Where are these outlets generally located? mall? outlet mall? etc.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)