Good touch-compatible Raspberry Pi OS?

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and was looking for an OS to put on it. I currently have Raspbian on it but it doesn't work very well with my touchscreen. Any ideas? I was thinking some sort of Android version, but maybe there's something better. Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Android is the best you'll find for touch screen support.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

9 hours ago, Sauron said:

Android is the best you'll find for touch screen support.

Are there supported Android distros for Pi? 

Lineage OS might be more what you're looking for. You'll have to sideload everything as it doesn't have the play store.

The PINN bootloader has it in it's selection, I'm not sure about NOOBS tho.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

4 hours ago, Terryv said:

Lineage OS might be more what you're looking for. You'll have to sideload everything as it doesn't have the play store.

The PINN bootloader has it in it's selection, I'm not sure about NOOBS tho.

I tried LineageOS, but unless I can get my touchscreen working, it's basically useless to me.

Here's what the instructions say on getting the screen working in Raspbian, you think it'll work on LineageOS through a terminal emulator?

$ git clone https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show.git
$ chmod -R 755 LCD-show/
$ cd LCD-show/
$ sudo ./LCD35-show

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I tried LineageOS, but unless I can get my touchscreen working, it's basically useless to me.

Here's what the instructions say on getting the screen working in Raspbian, you think it'll work on LineageOS through a terminal emulator?

$ git clone https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show.git
$ chmod -R 755 LCD-show/
$ cd LCD-show/
$ sudo ./LCD35-show

I can't say for sure, I have no experience beyond the official rpi touchscreen, and even then it's very limited.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

8 minutes ago, Terryv said:

I can't say for sure, I have no experience beyond the official rpi touchscreen, and even then it's very limited.

Ever heard of something called Balena OS?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

43 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Ever heard of something called Balena OS?

Yup, it's to run docker containers on embedded devices (like a raspberry pi)

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

9 hours ago, captain_aggravated said:

What touch screen do you have?  I've had very good luck with Raspbian with touch screens.

Yeah, currently I have Raspbian on it (not sure what touchscreen it is, but it's 3.5 inches, touch (obviously) compatible, plugs into the GPIO header, and has a resolution of I think 320 by 480.

Raspbian works the best but isn't very touch friendly. Is there a better desktop environment I can install that is more touch-friendly?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Oh, you've got one of those!  That's why.  Those aren't particularly good touch screens from what I understand.  It works much better with either an off-the-shelf USB touch screen (I've recently used some gorgeous 24" HP touch screens in a project with the Pi) or the Pi foundation's 7 inch screen.

7 hours ago, captain_aggravated said:

Oh, you've got one of those!  That's why.  Those aren't particularly good touch screens from what I understand.  It works much better with either an off-the-shelf USB touch screen (I've recently used some gorgeous 24" HP touch screens in a project with the Pi) or the Pi foundation's 7 inch screen.

I know it's not very good, but I bought it for the price :P

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

• 2 weeks later...

PureOS is (at least going to be) designed to support both laptops and phones, so it might be a good option to look into. They currently sell laptops with it, but no phones afaik, so it might now quite be ready for touch screen use, but I'm not sure.