Subwoofer making the constant 'Bass' sound

Go to solution Solved by nsyedhasan,

Which ca

Which cable would I be wanting to swap? This problem has happened before and a new cable didn't fix it :/

Does it still make the noise if you plug it into a different port?

So I recently got a 75W Sony SAWMSP7 Active Subwoofer and it worked fine at first but I went to turn it on the next morning and it makes the bass sound when I turn it up whether there is actually something being input or not. I have it sitting right next to my PC under my desk (as there is no other place for either of them) and the subwoofer before this which was much smaller and older did the same thing eventually as well. I'm realising it is not the subwoofer but something else since they both did the same exact thing. I did a little bit of research but all I seem to be finding is that there is a problem with the ground  or 'ground loop'. I don't really know what I would do about a problem with either of these things. Thank you.

I think it just the cable grounding it's self. It is normal for the to noise when the cable is grounding it self.

Quote me to get a reply!

loose connection in the wires somewhere.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

I have an 1100 watt sub that does that but it doesn't really bother me that much because I always have the amp turned off when I'm not using it.

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

I think it just the cable grounding it's self. It is normal for the to noise when the cable is grounding it self.

Alright, so what do I do about this? 

Alright, so what do I do about this? 

Try swaping out the cable.

Quote me to get a reply!

Which ca

Try swaping out the cable.

Which cable would I be wanting to swap? This problem has happened before and a new cable didn't fix it :/

Which ca

Does it still make the noise if you plug it into a different port?

Quote me to get a reply!

There is only one input on the sub so I can't change that but if I change where it is plugged in on my PC it does the same thing.

Hey guys I figured it out I think. I changed where it was plugged in on my PC and it worked for the moment, although I did this earlier and it gave no results.