help with mass storage moving

Abzilla

Hi! i am going to get a 6Tb Hdd to upgrade my 2 1Tb Hdd but i have heard that if i move everything over it would mess a lot of programs up due to the path being moved and i was wondering if there was any way to make it still work after the move, my windows and user folders will stay on my SSD.

Many Thanks!

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

Yeah Windows doesn't allow this without reinstalling the applications on those disks.

If you want to go ghetto, create two partitions on the drive, copy all data there from the 1TB disks, then disconnect the 1TB drives and assign the letters that belonged to them to the new partitions on the new drive. This might work if you're lucky. 

Make sure you have back-ups first.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro