An O(S)dd Situation

Supportsneedlove

So my cousin recently bought his first PC. He forgot to order an OS with it, and because of that, it didn't work. He then had a friend of the family install windows for him. It was "Free" without the "Activate Windows" watermark, so i figured it was a cracked version. It blocked his graphicsdriver -Which made most games refuse to launch-  so i promised him that I'd reinstall a legit copy of Windows for him.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         So my question is if there's anything I should know before I go so that I don't embarrass myself.                                      Cheers!

i did it with a custom kms server, but that wouldn't be allowed to discuss here. you could try it without activating, or get a gray key. or at the very last, overpay microsoft for it.

alternative: linux

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

i did it with a custom kms server, but that wouldn't be allowed to discuss here. you could try it without activating, or get a gray key. or at the very last, overpay microsoft for it.

alternative: linux

I know what to do. I install it first to check if it works and then I buy an OEM Key on eBay. 

What I wanted to know is if I have to wipe the drive so that it doesn't break anything. Or anything else I needed to know before I do it. 

Thanks though!

5 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

I know what to do. I install it first to check if it works and then I buy an OEM Key on eBay. 

What I wanted to know is if I have to wipe the drive so that it doesn't break anything. Or anything else I needed to know before I do it. 

Thanks though!

btw, just something i came up with just now, have you tried ddu yet?

21 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

btw, just something i came up with just now, have you tried ddu yet?

Don't even know what it is

46 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

It's new so I don't know how much it'd help. But I'll try it before I reinstall. 

yep, you might have been unlucky for having a faulty driver or something... so good luck