PC Not Booting Into OS and Spits Out Error Message

Go to solution Solved by felix920506,

I pulled the CMOS battery out, let it sit for 10 minutes then installed the battery back, set the correct time and it worked!

I Picked an old Thinkcentre M82 that was originally used in a company.

It was trying to boot to PXE so I cleared the CMOS

then this screen showed up when I tried to boot prompting me to press F1 to enter setup

image0.thumb.jpg.539b595f35893bcb66b643062b8eaa6c.jpg

Looks like it's a TPM issue, go into BIOS and see if there's an option to reset the TPM or failing that to disable it entirely.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Looks like it's a TPM issue, go into BIOS and see if there's an option to reset the TPM or failing that to disable it entirely.

Can't find one

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Nevermind this ^^^^

Simply go into BIOS, load defaults, save & exit.

Source - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/462274/Lenovo-Thinkcentre-M82.html?page=73

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, felix920506 said:

Tried that, Still the same

Try opening BIOS then pressing F10 to save & exit without loading defaults. Does that help?

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Try opening BIOS then pressing F10 to save & exit without loading defaults. Does that help?

No

2 minutes ago, felix920506 said:

No

Go here

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/thinkcentre-m82/downloads

Select BIOS, download the latest version and flash it. There's a readme on that site with instructions on how to do it.

if these problems began occuring after u removed the cmos battery then a setting in the board had to have been reset to a value thats causing the error. logically that makes sense but logic isn't foolproof unfortunately. can u "re" flash the bios by installing the same version it currently has if there's no newer version? idk  if removing the cmos can fuck the firmware......i wouldn't think so. but i'm kinda stumped here lol.

4 minutes ago, felix920506 said:

BTW the CPU was changed

Did the computer function after the cpu change? If not it may be an incompatible cpu.

1 minute ago, Docretier said:

Did the computer function after the cpu change? If not it may be an incompatible cpu.

It POSTs and recognizes the new CPU and it even attempted to boot from PXE before I cleared the CMOS

35 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Go here

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/thinkcentre-m82/downloads

Select BIOS, download the latest version and flash it. There's a readme on that site with instructions on how to do it.

It Won't even boot to the bios update CD

I pulled the CMOS battery out, let it sit for 10 minutes then installed the battery back, set the correct time and it worked!