8350 approx temps with Hyper 212

tp95112

What approximate temperatures am i going to get if i overclock my 8350 to around 4.5.4.7 Ghz? Il have a 7850 and 7870 in crossfire on a Gigabyte GA-990fxa-UD3 in a Antex 300 case? Both cards armt reference cards so it gets kinda toasty in side

[h=1][/h]

80°ish.. way too hot. you'll deffo need more everything to keep that CPU under 60°-65° for a 24/7 overclock.

notice linus using the H100 for his benchmarking for 4.6GHz. the 212 +/EVO would easily hold a 4.2-4.3GHz

overclock, but anymore and you are going to get more heat.

i'd bench your system stock, evaluate the heat intensity in the case and from the CPU/GPU. then loo into

options to lower all the temps.

airdeano

80°ish.. way too hot. you'll deffo need more everything to keep that CPU under 60°-65° for a 24/7 overclock.

notice linus using the H100 for his benchmarking for 4.6GHz. the 212 +/EVO would easily hold a 4.2-4.3GHz

i'd bench your system stock, evaluate the heat intensity in the case and from the CPU/GPU. then loo into

airdeano

Im plannign on installing 2 fans one for the side and one on the front. Trying to get better pressure inside to get heat out of the case cauesd by the 2 cards. Thinknig of using these fans. http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=130&item_id=044249 Are these fans good enough for the air pressure i need?

airdeano

Would a H80i/h90 or a Noctua d14 give better temps?

airdeano

The Noctua NH-D14 will definitely give you better temps than the Hyper 212 Evo/Plus cooler. If you want water cooling, go for the Corsair H90.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Is there another cooler that is around 30-50 price point? This is my friends computer and trying to help him save some on the cooler

• 2 weeks later...

Is there another cooler that is around 30-50 price point? This is my friends computer and trying to help him save some on the cooler

Coolermaster V8 but it can't run my 8350 cool with any voltage about 1.4v. If your 8350 can OC with that much voltage or less then I highly recommend it. Any higher voltage will get you temps around 70-75C under P95 load which is not good.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

not really.. reach into that pocket for some NH-D14 money.. you might even try a used one..

i've bought some used D14s (complete) for $40 shipped in the states. pass on the single

rad solutions, they are temporary at best for this application.. to get the temps you gotta

have the fans screaming.. and most do not like the fan noise.. even swapping fans, temps

go up, but it gets quieter.. the D14.. all one package, good temps and quiet..

airdeano

A delta fan can be had for 20$...

...no don t buy that unless you re deaf...

...even if you re deaf you might hear it.

But seriously if you friend is able to tolerate some noise, there is a delta fan with pwm control, just set it on the hyper 212 and lower the cpu fan speed to minimum in the bios and make it ramp up underload.

(if h e s gaming he ll have a headset on so it will matter less)

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

If you want water cooling, Linus' reviews show the Swiftech H220 is the best. 

Space is pretty awesome.

What approximate temperatures am i going to get if i overclock my 8350 to around 4.5.4.7 Ghz? Il have a 7850 and 7870 in crossfire on a Gigabyte GA-990fxa-UD3 in a Antex 300 case? Both cards armt reference cards so it gets kinda toasty in side

[h=1][/h]

I dont think you can hit 4.7, but probably 4.3-4.5

side note, you can cfx a 7850 with a 7870? is it basically dual 7850s in dual card mode?

I've got my 8320 (essentially the same silicon) overclocked to 4.6GHz and on my Hyper 212 evo I see around 65 degrees full pelt with x264 rendering. Taking it to the 5ghz mark is where I see the ridiculous temperatures like 80-90 degrees.

Current rig: AMD Piledriver fx-8320 OC'd to 4.9ghz on 1.45v vcore | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2 board | Gigabyte 7950 W3x| 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333mhz | 240GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD

ahhh the AIO (All-In-One). true, but using the single fan AIO seem to be LOUD, so most peeps buy quieter

fans (and get higher temperatures) so now you are into the $100 range, might as well buy the ND-D14 for less.

airdeano

I've got my 8320 (essentially the same silicon) overclocked to 4.6GHz and on my Hyper 212 evo I see around 65 degrees full pelt with x264 rendering. Taking it to the 5ghz mark is where I see the ridiculous temperatures like 80-90 degrees.

FX chips shouldn run hotter than 62° under heavy load I guess that if you get 65 on x264 rendering, with IBT it will be way over 62°, I think you are killing your CPU, what mobo are you using?

I have an 8320 running at 4.1 ghz at 60° (core temp) 67° (socket temp) after 1hour of IBT, Im also using two fans

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

A delta fan can be had for 20$...

...no don t buy that unless you re deaf...

...even if you re deaf you might hear it.

But seriously if you friend is able to tolerate some noise, there is a delta fan with pwm control, just set it on the hyper 212 and lower the cpu fan speed to minimum in the bios and make it ramp up underload.

(if h e s gaming he ll have a headset on so it will matter less)

I've run my old 8350 with a 212 Evo + 3000RPM Ultra Kaze, there is at most a 2-3 C difference from the stock fan. This is because the heatpipes are being saturated from the massive heat output of the 8350, even at stock with Turbo enabled.

My advice would be to get  NH-D14, I run a NH-D14 on my FX-8350 and it stays cool and very quiet. My H60 was way to loud, So steer clear of All In One liquid coolers like the H50, H55 and H60 for the 8350. I can run prime95 for a lil while if you want some stock load temps.