Logitech G400s vs Razer Deathadder 2013 ?

I'm looking to get a new mouse to accompany my Razer Blackwidow 2013. I'm torn between the Logitech G400s and the Razer Deathadder 2013.

I'm looking for an optical mouse just for the precision. I play CS GO, Battlefield 4 (when it works),Civ V,Payday 2 and a variety of other games.

I don't mind additional buttons. I also don't need a crazy high DPI. I have medium hands and I play with a palm grip.

My budget is around 90 Euro max (129 US dollars). Thanks for all the help.

Another option SteelSeries Rival and logitech G602

I had a g400(non s) and I now have a DA 2013. The g400 wasn't comfortable in my hand and didn't feel right. The DA 2013 feels perfect for me and I saw a drastic change in cs go. With the DA I feel like I have more control.

Another vote for the DA 2013, best mouse I have ever used and I have used many.

Some facts for you about them:

They both use the A3090 Optical sensor (although Razer has a slightly modded verson)

The G400S has a bug where left to right movement tracks more distance (lower dpi) than right to left movement (higher dpi) the DA 2013 does not

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Another vote for the DA 2013, best mouse I have ever used and I have used many.

They both use the A3090 Optical sensor (although Razer has a slightly modded verson)

The G400S has a bug where left to right movement tracks more distance (lower dpi) than right to left movement (higher dpi) the DA 2013 does not

This bug you are talking about is pure bullshit. One guy has spread it all over the place. THE SAME GUY on different websites. And the "experiment" he made, wasn't exactly precise or scientific in any way. The bug wouldn't cause any problems anyway, as you would get used to it over time.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I would also consider the Steelseries Rival. I have it, the DA 2013 and the G400s. Out of all those, my current favorite is the Rival. It has a better shape for palm grippers than the DA IMO, and it has better surface materials. The sensor is also slightly better, and the clicks are nicer. You can also change the colors on it to whatever you want, great if you want to match it with the rest of your setup.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

They both have slight changes to the A3090. So slight it isn't even worth mentioning much less using it as some added benefit over the other. Neither one is better than the other in terms of accuracy. There is no bug either.

It only comes down to which feels more comfortable to the user. It will be a subjective choice which one is liked more than the other and by who.

The other good option which is the only one that I dont have yet is the Roccat Kone Pure Optical. I would have to say that the G400s's shape is a bit dated and I would say the same to the deathadder 2013 to a lesser extent. I know why they arnt changing them though and it understandable. I think the best new introduction this year in mice was probably the G602, though I still wish it had a few more things, the 4000dpi sensor form the G400s being the highest on the list.

They both have pretty much the most accurate sensors out there. Choose by comfort, grip style. Dont look at the specs as they are both uber accurate! 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

They both have pretty much the most accurate sensors out there. Choose by comfort, grip style. Dont look at the specs as they are both uber accurate!

I agree with you there most gaming mice even laser ones I would pick on grip style, ergonomics, and features over laser.

I agree with you there most gaming mice even laser ones I would pick on grip style, ergonomics, and features over laser.

If im playing FPS then optical all day, everyday. In other games I dont find that accel really matters THAT much.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

If im playing FPS then optical all day, everyday. In other games I dont find that accel really matters THAT much.

As ive noted in other threads the acceleration that people constantly talk about on laser sensors really only bares it head at relatively low dpi especially for a laser sensor. Also possibly at really high dpi but no one really ever testes those from what I remember because few use them. Also those people that play at those lower DPI know this and use a optical sensor since their usually not new to the scene. If someone newer to PC gaming was using a dpi sub 800 as their main DPI i would definitely consider that to be quite rare.

As ive noted in other threads the acceleration that people constantly talk about on laser sensors really only bares it head at relatively low dpi especially for a laser sensor. Also possibly at really high dpi but no one really ever testes those from what I remember because few use them. Also those people that play at those lower DPI know this and use a optical sensor since their usually not new to the scene. If someone newer to PC gaming was using a dpi sub 800 as their main DPI i would definitely consider that to be quite rare.

The accel is there, always though, no matter the DPI. Also not always only acceleration but sometimes prediction which is another annoying thing.

Specs of my PC:

The accel is there, always though, no matter the DPI. Also not always only acceleration but sometimes prediction which is another annoying thing.

Comparing the newest mice with the newer sensors, no and also the prediction/smoothing/angle snapping has been turned off by default for years and is only there unless you enable it yourself.

Besides that how much is this acceleration and what does it take to find notice it? Most of what I have seen is only produced the things mentions under testing situations and to a point that it would be noticeable while playing unless your trying to find it, which is something you wouldnt be doing since your playing the game.

I recently posted about this in another thread. From what I can gather the acceleration in is cause by deviating from the native dpi of the sensor. The actual acceleration caused by the calculations so the further you are away from the native dpi the worse it is. This can also affect optical mice. When selection DPI in razer synapse for the DA2013 they recommend you keep it between 1600-1800dpiu for best tracking. I did have a screenshot of this but idk where its gone off to. next time I have the mouse plugged in ill take another. Also being on an eve multiple can solve this completely which is what the Roccat Kone Pure Optical claims to do and is why it has set DPI. From what I can see is backed up by the people that find all the niggly faults with mouse sensors.

I still think the sensor is one of the least important parts of a mouse since on new ones they are all "relatively" good. Id rather have better ergonomics of buttons in the places I prefer, or even wireless if that's what floats my boat.

o the one thing that I forgot to add is how do you really know if it going to be any issue for you unless you try it? Removing all laser mice as options really doesnt leave you with many choices. The G602 is the only optical mouse that has more than 5-6 buttons but it wireless so a heap ton of people wont buy it based on that even though it works great.

Comparing the newest mice with the newer sensors, no and also the prediction/smoothing/angle snapping has been turned off by default for years and is only there unless you enable it yourself.

Besides that how much is this acceleration and what does it take to find notice it? Most of what I have seen is only produced the things mentions under testing situations and to a point that it would be noticeable while playing unless your trying to find it, which is something you wouldnt be doing since your playing the game.

I recently posted about this in another thread. From what I can gather the acceleration in is cause by deviating from the native dpi of the sensor. The actual acceleration caused by the calculations so the further you are away from the native dpi the worse it is. This can also affect optical mice. When selection DPI in razer synapse for the DA2013 they recommend you keep it between 1600-1800dpiu for best tracking. I did have a screenshot of this but idk where its gone off to. next time I have the mouse plugged in ill take another. Also being on an eve multiple can solve this completely which is what the Roccat Kone Pure Optical claims to do and is why it has set DPI. From what I can see is backed up by the people that find all the niggly faults with mouse sensors.

I still think the sensor is one of the least important parts of a mouse since on new ones they are all "relatively" good. Id rather have better ergonomics of buttons in the places I prefer, or even wireless if that's what floats my boat.

i can spot accel in any laser mice(since they all have it, except i think the philips twin eye sensors but those had problem with lod or somethign like that). usually accel is around 5% or somewhere around that on laser mice but it also matters on your window sens and if u have accel turned on and how much it is set to in game or the mouse software. but again with laser mice, even when u turn off accel in game/software and put windows 6/11 its still there because well its just built in in the sensor.

Specs of my PC:

o the one thing that I forgot to add is how do you really know if it going to be any issue for you unless you try it? Removing all laser mice as options really doesnt leave you with many choices. The G602 is the only optical mouse that has more than 5-6 buttons but it wireless so a heap ton of people wont buy it based on that even though it works great.

I'd much rather sacrifice buttons(and I personally use only 5 buttons max I dont need more) than to have to deal with such crap as accel.

Specs of my PC:

i can spot accel in any laser mice(since they all have it, except i think the philips twin eye sensors but those had problem with lod or somethign like that). usually accel is around 5% or somewhere around that on laser mice but it also matters on your window sens and if u have accel turned on and how much it is set to in game or the mouse software. but again with laser mice, even when u turn off accel in game/software and put windows 6/11 its still there because well its just built in in the sensor.

I'd much rather sacrifice buttons(and I personally use only 5 buttons max I dont need more) than to have to deal with such crap as accel.

Well thats you then. I am no longer going to reply to this as my posts take me a while to type and explain. The responses however do not seem the same, nor does it seem like half of what I have typed is being read.

Well thats you then. I am no longer going to reply to this as my posts take me a while to type and explain. The responses however do not seem the same, nor does it seem like half of what I have typed is being read.

Mmm ok all I'm saying is laser is inferior to optical, always. Only advantage of laser is that it can track on more surfaces(and if you actually care about your mice's feet then you will use a mousepad). Some people dont even know what accel is(as i can see you dont either since you asked me how I notice it) but that doesnt mean that its not there. It is. No matter the DPI. For games where you dont need precise moevements accel is fine(but it would drive me mad there too because I want consistency). But for FPS, laser sensors are crap. I hope more and more optical mice will be produced and it would be great if laser just died out.

Specs of my PC:

G400s hands down.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Both are fantastic mice, it really is totally down to personal preference. If you live near a store that sells gaming peripherals you should go down and try both out to find out what feels better for you. Personally I prefer the G400, I used it for a long while and never had a single problem with it.

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

Thank you for all the replies. I think I will go for the SteelSeries Rival because of the price and the ergonomics. Thanks again 

Thank you for all the replies. I think I will go for the SteelSeries Rival because of the price and the ergonomics. Thanks again

That's a great choice! I'm sure you'll enjoy it

• 2 months later...

im currently also in the market for a optical mouse, i was looking at Deathadder, G400s and earlier CM Storm Spawn, which i later dropped as it only goes down to 800dpi and i use 400.

So now im between Deathadder and G400s, i hope to test them out in a store, going to mostly be playing CS: Go with it at 400dpi and trying to lower my sense over time, currently at 1.78.

I am looking for a mouse that are good for a half claw grip, as i dont use a full claw grip but a semi claw palm grip depending on how accurate i need to be.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I have a g400 and it fits my hand like a glove so good. But if you're after a flashy show off mouse go with the DA.