NZXT Phantom 530 Questions

I'm looking into building my first computer (gaming). I have chosen the NZXT Phantom 530 as my case, but I want to make sure that I can put as many fans as I want to in the case & work with my motherboard. I'm still deciding on my motherboard (ASUS Maximus VI Hero / ASUS z87 Sabertooth / MSI z87 GD65 ) and knowing which motherboard will accompany any amount of fans that I want may be a deciding factor. So how does the Fan Hub on the case receive power & do the fans need to be connected to the motherboard if they're connected to the hub? Any other input/information you give will be appreciated, but I want to chose the motherboard between the 3 listed above if possible. Here's my current parts list http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Gottagame9000/saved/2YaS

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of the Phantom line, but I will say that connecting all your fans to the mobo is kinda dodgy and messy with the wires everywhere. Would rather use a fan controller.

Can you get a attachable Fan controller that will power & control your fans w/o the use of a mobo. If so recommendations under $50.00

My 410 has a 7 fan controller powered by one molex. The only mobo fan headers I use is CPU and CPU optional.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Just looked over the Manuel for the case and it says it powers and controls all fans connected in the fan hub with a Molex. So the motherboard is irrelevant, but its nice to know about Fan Controllers and I think I've settled on my motherboard selection

With the Phantom 530, you use the fan speed controller on the case to control the speed of the fans. You don't plug in any cables to the motherboard. You just plug in all your fans to the controller. I personally for my Phantom 530 just use the Motherboard to control the fans speeds instead. I own the MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard and it's a pretty good motherboard for the money.

• 1 year later...

Hi i would like to buy this case and i have some questions...how many cables come out of the fan hub? If there are 2 cables comming out of the fan hub (one molex and one 4pin to connect to the mobo) then do you have to connect the 4pin to the cpu fan or you can connect it to any 4pin connector to the mobo ? if there is only one molex comming out of the fan hub then where the cable from the fan controller (the one in the top of the case that control the fans) goes?