Need rating for my new build

anon4116

Change the power supply. Change the GTX 960 to a R9 380 (4GB)

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

Team green Bro and my pick has 4gb too and power supply really? Not gonna be overclocking

I'd look to adding a SSD. Alternatively, you could go for a R9 390 if you're willing to max out your 800 pound budget:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£33.02 @ Amazon UK) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£59.40 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  (£159.98 @ Novatech) 

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-118CB/BEBE DVD/CD Drive  (£8.28 @ Ebuyer) 

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card  (£42.98 @ Dabs) 

Case Fan: ARCTIC Arctic F12 74.0 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£3.29 @ Amazon UK) 

Case Fan: ARCTIC Arctic F12 74.0 CFM 120mm  Fan  (£3.29 @ Amazon UK) 

Other: front panel sd card reader (£11.99)

Total: £689.49

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-25 13:11 GMT+0000

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Team green Bro and my pick has 4gb too and power supply really? Not gonna be overclocking

The R9 380 is better than the GTX 960 at this price point (around 10% more performance).

Your PSU is trash, overclocking or not, I wouldn't risk the possibility of damaging your components if it fails.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

^^^ Fanboy's aren't that welcome here and that PSU is for office builds that aren't going to be under near constant stress. It fine for something like just an i3 or i5 but not for an i3 and a GPU and up

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

haha wow most epic community ever really quick replies and thanks for feed back I will change psu but can you recommend me team green gpu not red ones soz for being fan boy

EVGA 960 4GB?

Other than that, the R9 380 will be the better buy but that's your choice.

Spoiler

HKZeroFive thank you sir I might build your suggestions do you recommend any headsets for good bass and surround sound 7.1 after that build will still have extra cash to spend

haha wow most epic community ever really quick replies and thanks for feed back I will change psu but can you recommend me team green gpu not red ones soz for being fan boy

Trust me, red is the way to go. If you HAVE to EVGA makes really good 960

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

HKZeroFive thank you sir I might build your suggestions do you recommend any headsets for good bass and surround sound 7.1 after that build will still have extra cash to spend

Nah, I'm not really an audiophile :P

You're going to have a better chance by posting on the Audio section of the forums.

Spoiler

Clanscorpia ggwp I was only kidding I am open minded but been with team green for so long now changing to team red also can I crossfire r9 380 ? Might crossfire in future to make my pc look sexy

Not only can you Crossfire R9 380, you can crossfire it with something other than just another 380 if you wish, it doesn't require a separate connector as it works entirely on the PCIe bus, and Crossfire generally scales better than SLI.

Also, I changed from Red to Green a couple of years back, and now I am looking to switch again. It's really not a big deal. Unless you really care about Nvidia's proprietary nonsense.

Not only can you Crossfire R9 380, you can crossfire it with something other than just another 380 if you wish, it doesn't require a separate connector as it works entirely on the PCIe bus, and Crossfire generally scales better than SLI.

Also, I changed from Red to Green a couple of years back, and now I am looking to switch again. It's really not a big deal. Unless you really care about Nvidia's proprietary nonsense.

The 380 is a waste of money to XFire because it is only worth in on a 390 or higher. And some stuff doesnt even support XFire

Spoiler

AXIOM

The 380 is a waste of money to XFire because it is only worth in on a 390 or higher. And some stuff doesnt even support XFire

Some games don't support SLI either. What's your point?

Some games don't support SLI either. What's your point

I meant Multi GPU's as a whole

Spoiler

AXIOM