Lets rebuild An iphone 4 with a 4s

mrmonmon2
Go to solution Solved by mrmonmon2,

ITS FINALLY DONE http://imgur.com/a/OB2L8/all

originally was the other way around, will post pics when I can but starting the thread, missing non essential parts so please excuse the ghettoness.

currently disassembling the  4s

EDIT: FINALLY DONE  :http://imgur.com/a/OB2L8/all

You're putting iPhone 4 hardware into the 4s shell?

Sounds like it

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Sounds like it

You're putting iPhone 4 hardware into the 4s shell?

kinda, 4s mobo is toast, so going to use the speaker housing, the glass(which a was originally on the 4) the back glass that was spare from another 4s which will be transferred to the 4(bracket change) front glass also requires a bracket change back to the 4 bracket, and possibly the home button if its compatible, will take pictures once im into assembly and have stopped stripping this one of parts

Why...

4s mobo got screwed, update to ios 9(in the fucking update que yet apple store tells me it shouldn't work, ffs) it crashed during the update now the firmware is in limbo, so either I have no phone and a paper weight or I bring my 4 back to life

kinda, 4s mobo is toast, so going to use the speaker housing, the glass(which a was originally on the 4) the back glass that was spare from another 4s which will be transferred to the 4(bracket change) front glass also requires a bracket change back to the 4 bracket, and possibly the home button if its compatible, will take pictures once im into assembly and have stopped stripping this one of parts

Oh. Okay then.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I guess ill take some pictures of the screen and the unbracketing

4s mobo got screwed, update to ios 9(in the fucking update que yet apple store tells me it shouldn't work, ffs) it crashed during the update now the firmware is in limbo, so either I have no phone and a paper weight or I bring my 4 back to life

The components inside the iPhone 4 and 4S are not the same so that wouldn't really be possible if you were to transfer parts.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+4+Teardown/3130

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+4S+Teardown/6610

that sucks dude :(

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

The components inside the iPhone 4 and 4S are not the same so that wouldn't really be possible if you were to transfer parts.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+4+Teardown/3130

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+4S+Teardown/6610

speaker housing, lcd connections are the same, the bracket just peeled off... seems it was a good time to change and refresh the glue

ironically im taking the pictures with an iphone(its my mom's 5 but still)

speaker housing, lcd connections are the same, the bracket just peeled off... seems it was a good time to change and refresh the glue

Oh ok that may work, I was assuming the motherboard itself since they aren't even the same shape or parts.

Oh ok that may work, I was assuming the motherboard itself since they aren't even the same shape or parts.

using the 4 mobo, 4s one is kill, trying to find the end results of when I made the 4s

using the 4 mobo, 4s one is kill, trying to find the end results of when I made the 4s

So your still transferring parts then, cause they aren't built the same internally, not sure how your going to fit everything properly.

So your still transferring parts then, cause they aren't built the same internally, not sure how your going to fit everything properly.

k, parts list

-mobo

-casing

-brackets

4s

-speaker housing

-home button(if it works)

-main lcd(origianally from the 4

-the back glass(from a different 4s but still)

-SNIP-

Oh I see your talking about the glass panels along with the screen and one or two other things to be transfer over to the 4 I was assuming you wanted to swap all the internals around between the two.

Oh I see your talking about the glass panels along with the screen and one or two other things to be transfer over to the 4 I was assuming you wanted to swap all the internals around between the two.

well this is gonna be fun, swapping the home buttons on the frames

frankenphone

disassembling the frnakenphone to make the frankenphone2

disassembling the frnakenphone to make the frankenphone2

Come on Nomad just get a new phone like crash and us...

Used iPhone 5/5S is cheap.

Got a spare 4S. :P

Come on Nomad just get a new phone like crash and us...

Used iPhone 5/5S is cheap.

Got a spare 4S. :P

400$

cheap

pick one

you trust ebay, id trust it if I wanted a phone that had a high likelihood of breaking within a week, anyway I have an iphone 5, just needs a new lcd and casing