TT esports Shock headset sound leakage through microphone

MontyBonjangles

Hey people, I have a very annoying problem, 

When playing audio or a moderately loud video, the microphone in my headset picks this up and people in my skype calls can also hear this. I know the headset has a bit of noise leakage, but the noise cancelling microphone on the boom picks it up anyway, so is there a cause to this problem? perhaps my sound card (onboard) thats having a go or an over sensitive microphone?

Also when I put the microphone on mute, the audio still comes through.

Golly, I sure hope that my internets are all in a safe place...

Wait, when you turn your mic off people can still hear the audio from your headset? Where do you turn the mic off? It could be a broken headset or buggy audio drivers, have you ried updating those?

Also, a soundcard is always a good idea, a good budget one is the Xonar DGX ;)

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Wait, when you turn your mic off people can still hear the audio from your headset? Where do you turn the mic off? It could be a broken headset or buggy audio drivers, have you ried updating those?

When I mute it on the switch, they can still hear the audio of whatever is playing, but not my voice.

Throwing money at a crappy sound card won't fix his problem.

When I mute it on the switch, they can still hear the audio of whatever is playing, but not my voice.

Sounds like a faulty set, RMA or return and get your money back if you can. All headsets eventually break due to poor quality or bad drivers. I sound like a broken record, but buy real headphones and an external mic. A good set can be had for around $100 USD.

Lots of headsets have this problem, and it's not the mic picking up leaked sound. It's caused by the sound circuits interfering with the mic circuits, and there's so many points of failure with integrated products that's bound to happen on these cheap gaming peripherals.

Lots of headsets have this problem, and it's not the mic picking up leaked sound. It's caused by the sound circuits interfering with the mic circuits, and there's so many points of failure with integrated products that's bound to happen on these cheap gaming peripherals.

I may ope'r up and see if any apparent problems arise

I may ope'r up and see if any apparent problems arise

I wouldn't, you might ruin any possibility of sending them back for an RMA or refund.

Even if you do, I doubt you would be able to do anything.

Volume-Control-Mechanism.jpg

That's what a typical one looks like.

Yeap, just set up an rma with ttesports, however they may or may not be reliable in Europe