Upgrading GPU -- Will MOBO and/or CPU Need Upgrade?

I will be upgrading soon from a HD 7870 to R9 Fury X. Obviously I will need a power supply upgrade, but will I also need to bring my CPU/MOBO up to par? I will admit that of all the components purchased for this build, the least research went into my MOBO so I am in the complete dark about this. From what I know of my MOBO, it is a hardy board with good cooling (mosfet heatsinks, maybe more?) and should withstand decent CPU overclocking if necessary. But of course, I am open to upgrading it as well. My expectations for the CPU is that it should not cause any performance issues unless faced with CPU intensive games, but I would like to hear your opinions on the matter. 

For reference: PC will be used for The Witcher 3 (1440p soon with new monitor), development/using Oculus for 3D adapted games or oculus titles, and various AAA titles (i.e.GTA V, Rainbow Six: Seige).

Build Posted below:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($134.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  ($74.98 @ OutletPC) 

Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($205.00 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury X 4GB Video Card  ($608.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ Micro Center) 

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($17.88 @ OutletPC) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($89.88 @ OutletPC) 

Wireless Network Adapter: Intel 7260HMWDTX1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($44.51 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1432.07

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-22 20:30 EST-0500

Looks good to me, you'll be fine... Might want to update the PSU to a Corsair HX650 or EVGA/Seasonic equivalent. You'll get a better power efficiency and system stability. 

980ti is better in single card. if you're planning to sli, a lot of people say fury's scale better, so get those. 

actually at 1440p and 4k the fury is top dog. wonder when the reviewers will pick it up? still think it should have been an 8gig card though.

It seems as though the consensus is that the MOBO and cpu would be sufficient. Thanks for the advice all!

Also consider an ssd. it is worth every penny. get 240 gb or more 

I have an 240gb intel 730 series SSD. Couldn't agree more! Keeping my eye on 1TB SSDs for sales; maye one day.

actually at 1440p and 4k the fury is top dog. wonder when the reviewers will pick it up? still think it should have been an 8gig card though.

It's unfortunate that there is a lack of reviews comparing the 980 ti and fury x post crimson drivers. I have seen a few reviews showing higher fps in some games with crimson, but would like to see some reviews that focus on screen tearing issues (or fixes) at higher resolutions for the fury x with crimson drivers in place.

Thank you for your guidance.

980ti is better in single card. if you're planning to sli, a lot of people say fury's scale better, so get those. 

Without completely converting this topic into a GPU discussion, I am also considering 980ti considering I plan to use a single card. Like I mentioned earlier in this reply, I would like to see some reviews for known screen tearing issues on the fury x with crimson drivers before I can completely commit one way or the other.