Gonna get PC parts from a friend...

Sithhy

So hello all. I currently have a 7 year old rotten potato PC that I still use as my main one & the older it gets, the more I hate it... Sometime ago, my friend from Sweden has found his "old" PC that he was using before he got himself a new one & as he knew, that my PC is old & bad, he wanted to "donate" to me his old parts because (as he said) "no one should have a bad & shitty PC". So he wants to give me the parts from the PC for free but the ONLY thing is, that I have to pay for the shipping from Sweden to Poland, which is around 70€ (may vary a bit depending on the € value). The stuff I gonna get from him is:

CPU: i5-3570k

GPU: HD7770 2GB

PSU: Fractal Design Integra r2 500w 80+ Bronze

Mobo: Gigabyte z77x-ud3h ATX

The only things I not gonna get from his is the HDD & RAM. I gonna use my HDD so dont worry about it, but I would need help finding good & cheap DDR3 RAM. It doesn't need to be all sparkly & beautiful, because it's gonna be in a PC that is under a desk & has no sidewindow on the side [emoji1]

Get the cheapest lot of DDR3 that you can. 8GB. Of any speed will be good.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Jesus thats such a good deal, i mean 70 euro is good for the CPU ALONE. Nice get 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Get the cheapest lot of DDR3 that you can. 8GB. Of any speed will be good.

I don't really want the cheapest one because I'm afraid it gonna die after a short time [emoji52]

I don't really want the cheapest one because I'm afraid it gonna die after a short time [emoji52]

Get a reputable and well-known brand and you'll be fine. As long as the reviews are decent  you should be fine, ram usually doesn't break with only normal usage.

Is there any difference between using a single stick of RAM & two sticks giving the same amount of memory as the single one?

I think it performs better, idk though.

If your worried, get it from Crucial/Corsair/Kingston or Gskill they all make high-quality units

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Is there any difference between using a single stick of RAM & two sticks giving the same amount of memory as the single one?

Slightly higher speeds with dual channel. Also more aesthetically pleasing with dual channel RAM :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Slightly higher speeds with dual channel. Also more aesthetically pleasing with dual channel RAM [emoji14]

Is there any big difference in price between them?

Is there any big difference in price between them?

Sometimes the single channel is cheaper, sometimes dual channel is cheaper. Newegg (I think) has a deal going on for 2x8GB sticks of DDR3 from G.skill for $29.99 :)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

No, not really. Some games show performance gains with dual-channel RAM even with dedicated graphics cards, but it's not significant enough to worry about, unless you're using integrated graphics. The doubling of memory bandwidth isn't incredibly influential.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Sometimes the single channel is cheaper, sometimes dual channel is cheaper. Newegg (I think) has a deal going on for 2x8GB sticks of DDR3 from G.skill for $29.99 :)

I see... So it depends really. I did a quick search on a Polish site for single & dual stick RAM & the cheapest one I could find was a single stick GeIL 8GB 1333Mhz for 36€

I see... So it depends really. I did a quick search on a Polish site for single & dual stick RAM & the cheapest one I could find was a single stick GeIL 8GB 1333Mhz for 36€

Would be cheap because 1333MHz.. 1600 is the lowest I'd go with for some reason...

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Would be cheap because 1333MHz.. 1600 is the lowest I'd go with for some reason...

I have also another question... Buying used RAM is good or should I stay with new one?