Sager Laptops?

Touché! Good Sir
Go to solution Solved by D2ultima,

I am looking forward to buying a Sager Laptop but I'm going to fly abroad for a year or 2 (exchange program)... So if there are any problems I won't have time to sort them out.

If you're going to get a machine and you want to be certain the QA is top notch, I'd quicker suggest Mythlogic, or if you'll be in university, Eurocom. Depending on where you will be, Eurocom might have a depot near there for warranty purposes, and you'll get 10% off for being in college or as a teacher. Both Mythlogic and Eurocom also come with a Prema BIOS and video card BIOS, which unlocks more options for you in the BIOS and kills power/voltage throttle in your GPU. You'll also get to overclock your GPU a lot. Like this guy: 

Those BIOSes/vBIOSes will be under warranty as they'll be partnered with Prema.

Sager, however, is by far the cheapest. There's no real way of getting around that, unfortunately.

I am looking forward to buying a Sager Laptop but I'm going to fly abroad for a year or 2 (exchange program)... So if there are any problems I won't have time to sort them out.

Are Sager Laptops reliable? (video editing, 3D work and photo editing and colour correction work - hobbyist right now but trying to sell my services)

Solid machines.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Build quality is up there, like really up there.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Build quality is up there, like really up there.

Thanks man! :)

So I will go ahead with Sager then!

Thanks a lot!

I remember you! You helped me with the dumbphone selection..... I picked up a 1100! (thought you should know) :D

Happy for you :)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

They're solid. When I made my gaming laptop decision years back I went with Alienware simply because the warranty is fucking awesome on them. Paid a few hundred more than a same specced Sager but I when I spilt Coffee on it, Dell literally overnighted me a brand new one and had a tech come pick mine up. 

They're solid. When I made my gaming laptop decision years back I went with Alienware simply because the warranty is fucking awesome on them. Paid a few hundred more than a same specced Sager but I when I spilt Coffee on it, Dell literally overnighted me a brand new one and had a tech come pick mine up.

Whoa! You bought their accident damage protection?

I got a Clevo (same as a Sager) P670RG, and dang this machine solid for a 17 incher.

(980m running witcher 3 thing does not even get hot on the touch)

Coil wine can be a issue to some models, I mentioned to my seller that I will send it back if it has coil wine.

They double checked for me :)

Edited by Stadiz

I got a Clevo (same as a Sager) P670RG, and dang this machine solid for a 17 incher.

(980m running witcher 3 thing does not even get hot on the touch)

Coil wine can be a issue to some models, I mentioned to my seller that I will send it back if it has coil wine.

They double checked for me :)

Nice! Happy Gaming!

I've been using my Clevo P650SG (specs in sig) for like 8 months now, and I have to say this is one machine that will serve me well in its days (or months/years, but I doubt years lel) to come. The 3 cooling fans help a lot in cooling the machine down, the noise is noticeable when playing games in a quiet environment, but not irritating like the Alienware 14 I have at home which ramps its fans to like max when playing CSGO and it sounds like there's a jet engine in the room. Build quality is sturdy, except for the display which is a little more flimsy than I would like, but still okay. Really premium feel with that brushed metal, and this metal can be a serious fingerprint magnet. Keyboard is awesome with more travel than most laptop keyboards out there, with this really satisfying tactile feel. I don't really have any complaints for this machine other than the graphics not being switchable, like erm running in either just the 980M powering everything or both with Optimus, and occasionally there is this weird brightness flicker on my display panel, but it seems to be gone now. I carry this guy to school everyday, may be heavier than other options like some ultrabooks that everyone else in school is carrying, but in my class, this is the most powerful machine, the second most powerful being my classmate with a P650SA.

But ultimately in the end, whether would you have the same thinking as I have would actually depend on whether you are getting the NP865x or not.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

I've been using my Clevo P650SG (specs in sig) for like 8 months now, and I have to say this is one machine that will serve me well in its days (or months/years, but I doubt years lel) to come. The 3 cooling fans help a lot in cooling the machine down, the noise is noticeable when playing games in a quiet environment, but not irritating like the Alienware 14 I have at home which ramps its fans to like max when playing CSGO and it sounds like there's a jet engine in the room. Build quality is sturdy, except for the display which is a little more flimsy than I would like, but still okay. Really premium feel with that brushed metal, and this metal can be a serious fingerprint magnet. Keyboard is awesome with more travel than most laptop keyboards out there, with this really satisfying tactile feel. I don't really have any complaints for this machine other than the graphics not being switchable, like erm running in either just the 980M powering everything or both with Optimus, and occasionally there is this weird brightness flicker on my display panel, but it seems to be gone now. I carry this guy to school everyday, may be heavier than other options like some ultrabooks that everyone else in school is carrying, but in my class, this is the most powerful machine, the second most powerful being my classmate with a P650SA.

But ultimately in the end, whether would you have the same thinking as I have would actually depend on whether you are getting the NP865x or not.

I didn't quite understand that last thing you said

Whoa! You bought their accident damage protection?

Student discount. Whole thing plus shipping and the accidental damage warranty was $350 more than the same specced Sager. Dual 680ms. Alienware was $2900 and the Sager was $2550. Worth it to me. Especially since I ended up using that warranty to get a new computer when I spilt coffee on it.

Best Buys laptops offer an accidental damage protection too if you're interested. It's $300 extra but like the above they replace the laptop outright for you. They'll price match Amazon and Newegg and sell MSi, Asus, and Lenovo gaming laptops. If you're interested. I just love not having to worry about drinks. I'm in college, there is always a huge cup of coffee next to my laptop.

I didn't quite understand that last thing you said

Whether you will think like me or not after using the laptop, it will depend on whether you get the NP865x series, the slim ones.

Whether you will think like me or not after using the laptop, it will depend on whether you get the NP865x series, the slim ones.

So only the NP865x series is good?

So only the NP865x series is good?

Never mind, the main thing is that Sager is good, for no matter what model you choose.

If you're going to get a machine and you want to be certain the QA is top notch, I'd quicker suggest Mythlogic, or if you'll be in university, Eurocom. Depending on where you will be, Eurocom might have a depot near there for warranty purposes, and you'll get 10% off for being in college or as a teacher. Both Mythlogic and Eurocom also come with a Prema BIOS and video card BIOS, which unlocks more options for you in the BIOS and kills power/voltage throttle in your GPU. You'll also get to overclock your GPU a lot. Like this guy: 

Those BIOSes/vBIOSes will be under warranty as they'll be partnered with Prema.

Sager, however, is by far the cheapest. There's no real way of getting around that, unfortunately.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday