GTX 980 MSI or Gigabyte?

Cocaobytes

This has been covered before, but I wonder what current users are thinking. Most important to me is build quality and longevity. This is going to have to last me quite a few years. I am leaning towards the gigabyte.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125696

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127834&cm_re=gtx_980-_-14-127-834-_-Product

Thanks!

A load of these cards are very good, try picking the one with the best color scheme.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

If you want something to last a few years, you should think about getting a R9-390X for the extra VRAM (useful for future games which will have higher requirements for VRAM usage) and better performance with current DX12 drivers and Crimson.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

snip

msi..

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

I love the Gigabyte one because of the Windforce coolers, personally.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

You can pick the gigabyte G1 as well at 10 dollars more than the wind force.

Pascal laptops guide

I like the Msi one because it has 0db mode,but i would go with the cheapest or the one that fits your cholor scheme

If you want something to last a few years, you should think about getting a R9-390X for the extra VRAM (useful for future games which will have higher requirements for VRAM usage) and better performance with current DX12 drivers and Crimson.

agree

i too would pick 390x instead of 980

Check if Gigabyte fixed their coil whine issues before you get the G1.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

You can pick the gigabyte G1 as well at 10 dollars more than the wind force.

I hadn't considered that. The gaming is a bit more, 24ish, but still not bad. Neweggs shows me that the windforce is 449 after rebate and the gaming is 474. I'm not sure of the difference in quality and performance, but thanks for the suggestions.

I hadn't considered that. The gaming is a bit more, 24ish, but still not bad. Neweggs shows me that the windforce is 449 after rebate and the gaming is 474. I'm not sure of the difference in quality and performance, but thanks for the suggestions.

Hmm I though the windforce was 469, it's a good deal on that wind force cooler.

Pascal laptops guide

I would consider the warranty and customer support first. They're both going to awesome cards, it really comes down to which company you'd rather work with.

Secondary to that, choose based on color and looks. Or Size if you ever plan going itx