System not reaching login screen?

Hello,

So i tried turning on my system, and i noticed i was getting a black screen. Trued rebooting, and it took really long. First the windows loading screen. Then a black screen, then another loading screen, then nothing. I tried several times, but it seems the system crashes during the second loading screen, whatever profile i use on my gpu.

I tried using my integrated graphics.

The system boots like normal, until i get to the login screen. The screen is grey-green with stripes going vertically and the screen is off center. This cant be fix by going to the desktop.

I cant access my bios, as only a quarter of the bios screen is displayed. The booting up process seemed very slow these few days : loading screen, then black screen, then another loading screen, then the login screen(even my laptop with a 5400rpm drive does that in a fraction of the time).

Help. I really need this computer for school and i need to know if i need to replace or rma any components.

The overclocks on both cpu and gpu have been stable for months, and i was playing crysis 3 earlier on it without any problems.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Hello,

So i tried turning on my system, and i noticed i was getting a black screen. Trued rebooting, and it took really long. First the windows loading screen. Then a black screen, then another loading screen, then nothing. I tried several times, but it seems the system crashes during the second loading screen, whatever profile i use on my gpu.

I tried using my integrated graphics.

The system boots like normal, until i get to the login screen. The screen is grey-green with stripes going vertically and the screen is off center. This cant be fix by going to the desktop.

I cant access my bios, as only a quarter of the bios screen is displayed. The booting up process seemed very slow these few days : loading screen, then black screen, then another loading screen, then the login screen(even my laptop with a 5400rpm drive does that in a fraction of the time).

Help. I really need this computer for school and i need to know if i need to replace or rma any components.

The overclocks on both cpu and gpu have been stable for months, and i was playing crysis 3 earlier on it without any problems.

Since your integrated graphics are having issues too, I'd suspect your monitor or cable

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Since your integrated graphics are having issues too, I'd suspect your monitor or cable

But my computer crashes when i use my gpu, so that shouldn't be the problem?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Try turning all Overclocking off while troubleshooting.
Boot your system into safe mode. Remove your GPU drivers completely and re-install the latest drivers.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Try turning all Overclocking off while troubleshooting.

Boot your system into safe mode. Remove your GPU drivers completely and re-install the latest drivers.

How am i supposed to do that if i cant access anything.

I just remembered that i had installed radeon software crimson before i started having the problem.

I just remembered that i had installed radeon software crimson before i started having the problem.

You might be able to boot into safemode

And like I said, you can also try a different monitor and cable

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

If you're overclocking under windows, It's unlikely the changes are persistent through reboots.

Coming back to boot in safe mode.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

If you're overclocking under windows, It's unlikely the changes are persistent through reboots.

Coming back to boot in safe mode.

i did a system restore ( i should've thought of that first) and it worked .thanks !