AT&T Offering "Data Perks" Bits Of Data In Exchange of Completing Various Tasks

ravneillal

This in theory sounds good but the amount of data offered in return is minuscule. 1 GB per month limit is ridiculous if your going to offer such services better do it the right way. Having to subscribe to things and purchasing items in return for scraps of data is counter intuitive. You can take that money and directly upgrade your plan or buy more data. Now doesn't that sound logical?

Source : http://www.techspot.com/news/62572-att-data-perks-offers-snippets-data-complete-various.html

Taking online surveys in exchange for money or some other benefit is a strategy that’s been around for decades now. The majority of such offers can safely be categorized as scams although AT&T’s latest promotion is one of the few exceptions. Whether or not it’s worth your time, however, will be for you to decide.

In partnership with Aquto, the wireless carrier has launched an app for Android and iOS users called Data Perks. In it, you’ll be able to perform tasks such as taking surveys, shopping and signing up for subscriptions in exchange for data that can be transferred to your wireless account.

2015-10-27-image-6.jpg

AT&T says subscribers are allowed to transfer up to 1,000MB to their wireless account each month to use within the current billing period. The fine print further specifies that transferred data is used and expires within the billing period transferred meaning it does not roll over to subsequent months. What’s more, earned data is only for domestic use and only post-paid accounts are eligible.

As Android Police points out, most offers net 25MB or 50MB. It’s possible to earn larger buckets of data although those offers typically involve buying or subscribing to something.

Loyalty programs are a popular way for advertisers to generate interest in a particular product or service while simultaneously coaxing users to spend more time and money on an offer than they normally would. If you typically run just over your data allotment on a regular basis, AT&T’s Data Perks program might be worth a try.

fucking LOL....

This is so insane....

Pay 50 for something you didn't really want and get some extra data....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

This is good if you already buy those things and you have AT&T but come on really ?

I mean you can get 25 or 50 MB without buying stuff and if I can why not ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650