Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste Worse Results

itsmee

So I applied thermal paste (arctic silver 5) on my i7 4790, not overclocked and I am recieving worse temperatures than the thermal paste that came with my cpu water cooler, the seidon 120v from cooler master. Its like a 15 degree difference and when I am on my desktop, the temp continues to climb until it hits like 45 at idle. I NEED HELP haha, maybe it needs to cure?? But its been a day? How long it thats the case will it cure? Thanks

So I applied thermal paste (arctic silver 5) on my i7 4790, not overclocked and I am recieving worse temperatures than the thermal paste that came with my cpu water cooler, the seidon 120v from cooler master. Its like a 15 degree difference and when I am on my desktop, the temp continues to climb until it hits like 45 at idle. I NEED HELP haha, maybe it needs to cure?? But its been a day? How long it thats the case will it cure? Thanks

You probably applied it wrong or put too much in there.

And why would you switch out the thermal paste? There's basically no real benefit

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I had the same thing happening with my GPU. You probably applied not enough or to much. Either way you will have to reapply

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Im sure arctic silver 5 has a 200 hour period before its at its maximum peek?

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

Sure, but not 15C difference. (like +1 or 2C until cured) Probably incorrect aplication and/or cooler isn't tight enough to the CPU.

Even well applied toothpaste gives you less of a differnce so I agree

AS5 sucks

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2