How does this build look? Christmas Build

dark_xzyph3r
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

Don't get a AMD CPU, There is no logical reason for one

Wow.. Intel fanboy much?

because fanboiiz are happening, i'll clarify some reasons: (from more to less obvious)

- numbercrunching at a budget: they're weak cores, but theres 8 of them, so the total will be faster.

- overclocking: however shitty FX is, they overclock like a duracell bunny on steroids.

- multitasking: in a similar way as the numbercrunching thing, fx parts may be better for extreme multitasking.

and this is my favourite, because its SO far-fetched:

- if you need more than 4 single threaded services to run, without them interfering with each other - AMD is the only choice at a budget right now.

Hey guys, Christmas is right around the corner (2 months, I know thats a long time but thats because I wanna save up for this) and I am wanting some critiquing on this build.. 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Killer ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($131.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Corsair Force Series GT 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case: Rosewill RISE Glow ATX Full Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $647.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-10 04:26 EDT-0400

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

Terrible

get: 4460+ gtx 970 + cheapest b 85 mobo + 600 w PSU 2*4gb 1333 MHz Ram

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Terrible

What's wrong with it?

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

I suggest a cheaper and i5 4690K and some cheap heat sink

Ehhhh, I want the AMD cpu though..

I'd get a cheaper 1600 mhz ram and a better GPU, lose the cooler and get an i5-4460 and spend it on the GPU. maybe an r9 285?

I'd get a cheaper 1600 mhz ram and a better GPU, lose the cooler and get an i5-4460 and spend it on the GPU. maybe an r9 285?

I already have the GPU, That's why it says "Purchased"

Intel is way better like, sun and moon difference 

Then, I hope you won't be using this PC for gaming.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Intel is way better like, sun and moon difference 

I have too many Intel builds, I am going with AMD because I want to change it up a bit.

What is wrong with using an AMD cpu for gaming?

Read this:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/316130-best-amd-processor-for-gaming/#entry4296531

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

their IPC is a tad... "underwhelming" lets say.

its not that they're not capable of gaming at all, its that you're spending $160 on a part that'll perform considerably worse than the equally priced i5 4460.

if your daily workload uses all 8 cores to their full potential they *may* be worth considering, but its kinda debatable still.

their IPC is a tad... "underwhelming" lets say.

its not that they're not capable of gaming at all, its that you're spending $160 on a part that'll perform considerably worse than the equally priced i5 4460.

if your daily workload uses all 8 cores to their full potential they *may* be worth considering, but its kinda debatable still.

I do alot of Video and Audio work so I feel the 8 cores are justified?

Well eitherway, my Audio and Video software uses all 8 Cores anyway so the Intel Proc will not perform as good as the AMD proc. Unless you are going to use an Intel proc that will cost you an arm and a leg

Short answer: Intel has stronger cores, Intel performs better with a good dedicated graphics card, AMD onboard graphics performs better. If you just want to play non-demanding games without a GPU, AMD is a good choice. Otherwise, I would recommend Intel all the way.

It wouldn't be wrong, it's just not as effective as the other option.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Short answer: Intel has stronger cores, Intel performs better with a good dedicated graphics card, AMD onboard graphics performs better. If you just want to play non-demanding games without a GPU, AMD is a good choice. Otherwise, I would recommend Intel all the way.

theres some reasons for an FX part, specificly the FX8350. gaming however, is NOT one of them xD

theres some reasons for an FX part, specificly the FX8350. gaming however, is NOT one of them xD

FX is for Workstation use :P Also did some research and came up with this.. http://www.midilifestyle.com/music-production/best-cpu-for-music-production/ I know the i5 4690K is better but I am not willing to pay the extra money on it.

Wow.. Intel fanboy much?

Wow.. Intel fanboy much?

Nope, not a fanboy, i'd be happy to buy an AMD product if they were competative. They GPU's atm do alright at a sweet spot price but their CPUs suck so badly.

I, personally don't have a problem with AMD for my second PC... It runs an FX 8320 and I can't complain... But the CPU runs freaking hot. I'd say, for some, heavily multithreaded workloads, go for AMD, but for gaming... The i5 will run better (and cooler).

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

I, personally don't have a problem with AMD for my second PC... It runs an FX 8320 and I can't complain... But the CPU runs freaking hot. I'd say, for some, heavily multithreaded workloads, go for AMD, but for gaming... The i5 will run better (and cooler).

This rig isn't gaming based.. I will do very light gaming, as anybody will. But it is for work that will use all of the cores.