LED Fans - Colour combos

Hi all,

Currently in build stages of my new rig. I have a Corsair Obsidian 750D at current which i have changed all ot the internal fans to either AF or SP Corsair 140mm fans with White LEDs in.

2x in front, 2x on roof, 1x on rear.

the colour scheme for my hardware is somewhat Red and black on a Asus X99 Sabretooth board with Red Corsair Neutron drives.

Could i get away with fitting 2x Red 120mm AF corsair fans in the base of the case and have a slight red upglow without upsetting the balance of the white lights do you think?

Any advice on this would be massively greatful as im not far off finished with the build otherwise! :)

"Stay Hungry... Stay Foolish" - Steve Jobs

Hi all,

Currently in build stages of my new rig. I have a Corsair Obsidian 750D at current which i have changed all ot the internal fans to either AF or SP Corsair 140mm fans with White LEDs in.

2x in front, 2x on roof, 1x on rear.

the colour scheme for my hardware is somewhat Red and black on a Asus X99 Sabretooth board with Red Corsair Neutron drives.

Could i get away with fitting 2x Red 120mm AF corsair fans in the base of the case and have a slight red upglow without upsetting the balance of the white lights do you think?

Any advice on this would be massively greatful as im not far off finished with the build otherwise! :)

I wouldn't go with White LED fans unless you want to have a white lit case with the hardware only showing the red and black. 

I'd personally just get non-led fans and put a NZXT LED strip in with an RGB controller.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

I wouldn't go with White LED fans unless you want to have a white lit case with the hardware only showing the red and black. 

I'd personally just get non-led fans and put a NZXT LED strip in with an RGB controller.

Only problem is the fans have already been changed. Somewhat reluctant to change them all again. i was thinking about a LED light kit that can change the brightness on and using that to add a bit of extra colour. thoughts?

"Stay Hungry... Stay Foolish" - Steve Jobs

Only problem is the fans have already been changed. Somewhat reluctant to change them all again. i was thinking about a LED light kit that can change the brightness on and using that to add a bit of extra colour. thoughts?

Yeah not a bad idea, I'd recommend the NZXT Hue. That thing is amazing.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

• 4 weeks later...

I use two red LED corsair AF fans in the base, to be honest, they dont give off much glow. I tried a Bitfenix LED 120 fan, and its way better, much more light. I use a 140 Cougar red LED in the back of the case and that glows pretty nicely. For lighting I use two Deepcool dual LED strips kits (http://www.deepcool.com/product/dcoolingaccessory/accessory/2014-07/48_922.shtml).%C2'> one strip at the front bottom, one front top, one mounted behind the motherboard tray to create a backglow and one top back to shine down on the top of the board.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M