Upgrading my POOR setup!

Elias-Khair

Good evening, first of all I'm not sure if this the right section to post in. :/

Ok, now i have an old pc that I always wanted to upgrade therefore I need to ask for your professional Advices :D 
i have the Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H mother board 

2 giga bytes of DDR3 ram on a single channel

Intel Core i3 530

Nvidia Geforce GT220 

I know it sucks but what do you think could be a good upgrade but at the same time not expensive 
Thanks in Advance :) 

Maybe a second hand GPU, maybe something in Nvidia's 600 series or a 7000 series AMD card.

But not too high end, because in some games that i3 will bottleneck.

You could also take a look at first gen Intel Core i5 CPU's, to replace your i3.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

where do you think i can find a second hand graphics card (online) ?

@Elias-Khair welcome to the forums!!  dont forget to follow your topics, it makes it easier for you to keep track of them and notifies you when people reply,  also quote/muliquote people when you wanna reply to them, that way they get a notification :P

how much are you willing to spend on upgrading? i know you said inexpensive, but a rough number would help.  with 32bit windows you cant really utilize more than 4GB of ram so dont spend too much on that, a new gpu would help a lot, but honestly nothing too fancy or you'll bottleneck it with that cpu(which you could also consider upgrading).   an ssd would be a fantastic upgrade, as it would make everything snapier and more responsive, although not too useful for gaming performance if thats what you're looking for.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Elias if you don't have an SSD and add a cheap SSD it will do wonders for you no matter which one you buy or your current system. It is probably the BEST single upgrade you can do, bar none. When you have to access the swap file because of low ram, it will help a bunch, it'll help when you boot, load programs, everything ! I would buy it even before the extra ram because it makes that much of a difference if you have to use a swap file. Of course I'd also add another 2 GB, just my 2 cents.

A cheap SSD and ram will make it feel like an entirely new and different system.

Just for full disclosure I have 2 SSDs and no mechanical drives now in my system. Out of ALL my components the SSDs would go last if I had to sell something.

i3770k, 32gb ram, 2 samsung 840 pros, 780ti

Tsuki is right about the 4GB because some of it is also used for drivers on windows 32 bit, that and the CPU cannot directly access it as one large peice. It can access 3.5 for your use however and the other .5gb for system use. You need to have PAE enabled and I don't recall if it is or not by default. I believe it was accessible under MSCONFIG (type it in run box)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366796(v=vs.85).aspx

Good evening, first of all I'm not sure if this the right section to post in. :/

Ok, now i have an old pc that I always wanted to upgrade therefore I need to ask for your professional Advices :D 

i have the Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H mother board 

2 giga bytes of DDR3 ram on a single channel

Intel Core i3 530

Nvidia Geforce GT220 

I know it sucks but what do you think could be a good upgrade but at the same time not expensive 

Thanks in Advance :)

As far as gaming goes....this is the order in which I would upgrade

1 goes to RAM. Cheap for a 4 gig stick to throw in there.

2 goes to GPU.

ZOTAC GeForce GT 720

It's pretty much within everyone's budget. It's good enough to atleast run modern titles at 720p and can hold you over till you get a big pc upgrade. It also has the advantage of being low power so....plug and play in pretty much every pc. You didn't list your power supply.

The next step would require you to list full pc specs. If your hard drive is more than 3 years old...you may want to go get one first.

get rekt

Gamer and enthusiast. Rig: 5930k @ 4.2 ghz, EVGA GTX970 SC, 16gb ram @3200 and all the noctua fans a man could want.

Thank you all guys

But i have a question if i got a new ssd and install windows 7 64 bit on it how much ramdo you think i can but in there ??

Also what is a good gpu cboice for gaming beside the zotac geforce gt720 that battossi suggested ??